I guess cases don't work for me ... What now?!

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Dedee, May 26, 2012.

1. Dedee macrumors newbie

Hi,

after trying out multiple high rated cases like the Incipio NGP, the Switcheasy Eclipse and finally the Otterbox Defender, I just never could be happy with any of the cases. I would just always be annoyed about something (it sucks being a perfectionist ...) and switch cases after like a day. So now I've decided that I'll just go without a case at all. The cases mainly annoyed me because they either attracted a lot of lint along the lip of the case or simply scratched the phone big time (Defender ...)

Now I'm already pretty sure, that I'll put my phone in some kind of pouch or something like that. So is there any pouch or anything like that that you guys can recommend? Also should I put a screen/back protector on or not?

Thanks in advance

P.S. If any of you guys has gone through something similar and has actually found a case that works for them now, feel free to share that case with me!

2. lyceumHQ macrumors 6502a

lyceumHQ

I'd bet a lot of us have done the same. I've spent god knows how much on 4s cases, and spent hundreds on 4 cases before that.

It's just about finding the case that you feel is right for your phone.

For the 4 it was the case crown glider for me, but when I got the 4s it just didn't seem to fit right.

So far for the 4s I've tried

Fake Draco cleve - loved the design, no grip.

Fake vapor - too slippery, dropped the phone three times in an hour.

Fake vapor comp - didn't seem to fit properly

Case mate haze - nice case but lip at the back annoyed me, like they were more worried about protecting the back of the case than the iPhone screen.

Case crown glider - left marks on the antenna band

Numerous cheap eBay cases - numerous reasons why I disliked

Skech slider case - love the fit, can't find the colour I want cheap enough

Magpul exec field case -stretched and sweated which meant you take the case of to clean and there would be moisture in it and on the back of the phone.

I'm currently using the skech case, love the fit but could only get the blue colour so not liking that.

I want try the power support flat bumper (but they want $37 shipping and I'm not paying $77 for a plastic bumper. Also the pinlo slice smoothie but it's not available here yet. Plus I'm a bit sick and tired of spending money out on cases.

If you don't want to try any more then a pouch and screen protectors will be fine for scratch protection, but if you drop it you're screwed.

3. greentaloy macrumors member

Yes, I'm pretty sure of that the naked iPhone works best..

4. joshwithachance macrumors 68000

joshwithachance

Put a full body Wrapsol Ultra on it and call it day :D

5. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

Cop some Lucky Lab Spectre Wraps for $10. That's what I did and love it.

6. DuckSoup macrumors 6502a

DuckSoup

Check out the iKonicEdge leather pouch. Comes in white, tan, brown and black. $40, includes shipping from New Zealand. All colors also have a version that will hold a credit card or driver's lic.

http://www.ikonicedge.com/

Had it for both of my iPhones (3Gs, 4s) and could not be happier. Got them specifically to counter-act pocket lint/dust.

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

Never understood iPhone cases that include a credit card slot.

so many manage to lose or have their iPhone stolen I'm sure having a credit card going along with it would be a nightmare.

Ive followed the path of buying cases via amazon, play.com and shipping them in from the states to me in the uk and found them lacking one way or another.

Bumpers became a norm for me for a short while.

Now i simply have a sgp carbon fiber backing and lucky labs decal strips which add a little grip.

8. DuckSoup macrumors 6502a

DuckSoup

Me neither. It was when I found this pouch that I first saw any case with such a slot and I nearly literally scratched my head when I saw it. Obviously though there is a call for it in some parts, but I can't see it being a big enough call to warrant a full production model.

9. 7DSniper macrumors regular

A case ruins the experience of the design of the iPhone. Just use it the way Apple intended.

10. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

If we used it the "way apple intended" then jailbreak would not exist !

Nightmare ! lol ;)

11. Xultar macrumors 6502a

Xultar

Naked is the way to roll. I put Wrapsol ultra front and back and ********** black sides and I'm happy.

I insured my device so if it breaks i get another. Cases detract from the beauty.

12. SpyderBite macrumors 65816

SpyderBite

I choose my cases base on practicality. Mophie Juice Pack for long days at work & a simple oem bumper for everyday use.

I have no delusions that a case is going to protect my device from a hard drop or spilled beer like many people who shop for cases seem to believe.

13. Axne1 macrumors member

Axne1

Even with all this glass on the iPhone. I believe that This device is made for the nude :)

I only place protection on my new device when I coach my sons baseball games..

14. Legios macrumors regular

While going naked keeps the natural lines of the iphone, it also opens up the fact that the damn thing becomes alive in its ability to slip and slide all over the place. I like cases for the simple fact that I can put it down on say a couch arm or pant leg and it will remain there much better than if it was naked. Greased lighting!!:D

15. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

I agree. I've tried naked a few times and just yesterday decided to stick with the Speck Pixelskin HD case for my iPhone. My wife swears she will never put another case on her iPhone again. The phone looks great, but it's definitely slippery.

16. iKIKO macrumors regular

iKIKO

17. Zord macrumors 6502

Zord

Naked all the way!! I've tried several cases and I always go back to naked. :)