I guess I did something.. but now it doesn't sleep or search

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by thejadedmonkey, Apr 16, 2007.

1. thejadedmonkey macrumors 604

thejadedmonkey

So I woke up this morning, closed the lid and slipped the 15" macbook pro into my sleeve, and ran off to class. about an hour later I go to use it, and it never actually made it to sleep. Instead, it just sat there in a semi-sleep state and the keyboard light sensor worked, but that's about all I could make it do. I had to force it to power down.

Since this morning, it's done it once again, and spotlight doesn't work- at all. I type things in and it doesn't find anything. I don't know why this is either.

I've rebooted, and I've repaired permissions. I don't know what else would cause this, and it's uh.. annoying to say the least. Anyone know what to do?

2. deadpixels macrumors 6502a

deadpixels

i can't help about your sleep problem except maybe zapping pram and power unit just in case. for spotlight, there is a privacy tab in the prefs, maybe your hard drive is listed there for some weird reason.

3. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Dodgy. I'd start by verifying the drive in Disk Utility. Note that this is different to verifying the disk permissions. :)

4. thejadedmonkey thread starter macrumors 604

thejadedmonkey

I also had a problem with Bootcamp, but I repaired the disks, and it worked thanks!