iPod I guess I'm really stupid because...

caissa

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 7, 2006
What am I missing!? I go to iTunes and cannot find any tv shows to download. I look and look in podcasts and everywhere else. What am I missing?? Please help and sorry if this seems like a really stupid question. I've been looking and looking to no avail. thanks...jon

Steve1496

macrumors 6502a
Apr 21, 2004
Are you in the UK? I don't think they have TV shows yet. I think it's US only.

If not, then click TV Shows on the left pane on the iTunes Music Store home page.

caissa

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 7, 2006
to steve

I am a Canadian. But I have an account and have bought songs. Is there some reason why tv shows does not appear when I log in? Thanks. --jon

balamw

Staff member
Aug 16, 2005
New England
caissa said:
I am a Canadian. But I have an account and have bought songs. Is there some reason why tv shows does not appear when I log in? Thanks. --jon
Your account is with the Canadian store or the US store?

Only the US store has TV Shows (today).

B

caissa

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 7, 2006
response to Blackheart

Thanks for the graphic...When I log on it only says Movie Trailers and then Music Videos and then Pixar at the bottom. Nothing about TV Shows. Weird. I have an account. What difference does it make what country I'm from!? --jon

balamw

Staff member
Aug 16, 2005
New England
Music and movies and TV shows have different distribution deals from country to country, so Apple has to make different deals in each country where they operate a store. (The EU may be an exception to the rule, at least for music).

B

caissa

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 7, 2006
thanks

Ok, thanks. I guess I have to wait until a deal is done with the canadian representatives. Damn!! That's where my credit card is from, so that must be the reason. Please, hurry up Canada! I know that it's probably not one of the shows available, but I was hoping for The Unit (a David Mamet creation that is getting some great critical acclaim). And I can't watch any US TV for quite a while because I am in Ukraine taking a full time Russian course for a few months! Argh. Thanks for the info, guys. --jon