Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MTShipp

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 25, 2009
Raleigh, North Carolina
Having upgraded my 12.9” 6th gen to 13” M4 and using it the same way as the previous, I have noticed a little longer battery life. I guess the battery in my previous model was starting to age some because I would need to charge by 4pm each day whereas with the M4 I make it until bedtime (8pm - 9pm) with 20%-25% remaining.

Anyone else notice similar behavior? Since battery statistics are only available (readily) on the new M4, perhaps my previous was aging.

FeliApple

macrumors 68040
Apr 8, 2015
Having upgraded my 12.9” 6th gen to 13” M4 and using it the same way as the previous, I have noticed a little longer battery life. I guess the battery in my previous model was starting to age some because I would need to charge by 4pm each day whereas with the M4 I make it until bedtime (8pm - 9pm) with 20%-25% remaining.

Anyone else notice similar behavior? Since battery statistics are only available (readily) on the new M4, perhaps my previous was aging.
It’s not aging. The M4 iPad Pro seems to have a slightly better battery life.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.