I guess you can't read/post to Apples Dev Forums until you pay?

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by 1458279, Mar 14, 2011.

1. 1458279 Suspended

I just signed up last week as an Apple Developer, started watching videos, getting download, etc...
    I wanted to go into the developer forums and read / post... it doesn't tell me that I'm not allowed, but it doesn't let me in either...

I don't have a problem paying the yearly $99, I just figured it was smarter to wait till I was further along in the learning process...

So am I missing something or do you need to be a paid developer to read/post?

2. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

The login screen says "Developer Program members and MFi licensees can access the Apple Developer Forums by logging in using the Apple ID and password associated with their developer account." so I guess you are right.

3. 1458279 thread starter Suspended

Well I do have an Apple ID and password. I signed up for the free level developer and this opened up the source code, downloads, training videos, etc... But for some reason I can't seem to access the forums.

This doesn't make sence, as the forums should be on the same level as the training vids and source samples, API's ...

4. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

Until you pay and are accepted you are not part of the "iPhone Developer Program". The username and password are just an AppleID.

As for being on the same level, not really. The dev forums have a lot of discussion of material currently under NDA: pre-release versions of XCode and the APIs.