I had a few questions for you gurus.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by gorkt, Sep 15, 2007.

1. gorkt macrumors 6502

gorkt

Hi all,

This is my first post here although I've been lurking a few days. I just bought an IPod Touch yesterday (available in the Burlington, MA Apple store at the mall btw) and I got it set up just fine. I just had a few questions about small stuff.

1) I noticed that the portion of my music collection that I downloaded to Itunes from a CD shows no covers in the colverflow interface. Can I change that or am I doomed to stare at the music note on 75% of my music?

2) This is more of an itunes question. I downloaded some TV shows on one computer and I use another computer to synch with. Can I download those shows again from itunes to the other computer or do I need to move them physically by putting them on DVDs?

Thanks for reading.

2. Arisian macrumors 68000

Arisian

Me too

I would like to second that question, I also realize that this is an itunes question, but its really annoying to see a big question mark in cover flow. Does someone know of a pretty good way to get album art into itunes? I know it does it on its own, but the functionality is quiet poor.

Links are very welcome, this certainly will help everyone once they get their touch.

Thanks so much,
    Arisian

3. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

1. no you can manually add artwork
    2. you won't be able to redownload them, but you can move them via Data DVD or flash drives.

4. rmh macrumors regular

Well, you can right click on the songs in iTunes and select get artwor. If that doesnt work, you could always find the artolwork on google and paste it into the album artwork section of the "get info" window of the songs.

5. Arisian macrumors 68000

Arisian

yup

I realize you can manual import them, however are there any apps out there that will do that for you on a broad scale rather than album by album, because thats certainly annoying and time consuming

Cheers,
    Arisian

6. madmaxmedia macrumors 68030

There are apps. I used to use one called Clutter, but it's no longer developed and is buggy. But there are others, just search around.

7. Arisian macrumors 68000

Arisian

mac only

Ive been searching for a mac only solution for this, any thoughts?

Arisian

8. mpuck972 macrumors 6502

mpuck972

This is one of the areas that the zune software is better than the iPod. If you were missing artwork, you could right click it and search for artwork. It would go to a web interface and show you multiple options available on whatever info was in the track info tab.

To help iTunes figure it out, go into the properties of the file and fill in as much info as you can, that way it may be able to resolve it. Cutting and pasting it works, but iTunes doesnt size the image, so you may end up with one thats too small, or crappy resolution.

9. rubeeen macrumors member

umm when im missing artwork its usually cause i mis-labeled the artist/album. try labeling them according to itunes and research album art.

10. DsurioN macrumors regular

DsurioN

Just use the Amazon album art widget. Select whatever songs you want to set album art for in itunes, then go into dashboard, search the album, and choose the appropriate cover, then click "set as cover art in itunes". Easy as pie.

http://www.widget-foundry.com/widgets/amazonart.htm

11. Cache macrumors regular

Tag&Rename is great. Google it.

You can search amazon with it for cover art (and more).