I had iMovie06 with Tiger, can I put that on SL?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by .JahJahwarrior., Oct 5, 2009.

1. .JahJahwarrior. macrumors 6502

I don't recall ever installing iLife when I got my Macbook which was running Tiger. Now, I'm running SL and want my iMovie back. I have my original install disks for Tiger, is iLife06 on there? Can I install it from the Tiger disks onto my machine now?

2. devburke Guest

Yep. They should be available if you click “Optional Installs” or something. Of course, if you upgraded straight from Tiger (if you didn’t get Leopard in between), then you bought the Mac Box Set and got iLife ’09, cuz you wouldn’t break the EULA by getting the Leopard upgrade version for $30, would you? ;)

3. .JahJahwarrior. thread starter macrumors 6502

I looked there, but it's actually in the "Bundled" installs thing. I had to click all the way through then at the very last, I had to select to customize, and it was on the list then. Not as easy to find as I thought it would be, but I found it finally, so thanks!

4. peevies macrumors member

peevies

I also use iMovie06 on an early 2006 iMac running Tiger. I am seriously considering upgrading with the Mac Box Set ($169) - no shortcuts for me. Does this mean I can upgrade to Snow Leopard, including iLife09 - but still be able to use iLife06/iMovie06 as well?
    Sorry for the redundant questions, but I never upgraded to Leopard because this is my first mac, and I loved using Tiger so much - I was intimidated by the OS upgrade. (I do have an early 2008 white Intel macBook which has Leopard and will get the $29 SL upgrade.)
    I know it seems stupid, but I have many, many great iMovie06 projects saved, and still use it often. I googled the question a bit, but never was convinced I could run the two iLife versions both (or at least iMovie06) with Snow Leopard. I suppose I could just see what happens with the macBook, since I have the Apple download of iMovie06 on that also.

P.S. I like a lot of the Leopard (and Snow Leopard) features, but I still have great affection for Tiger (not better, just easier for those new to macs.):eek: