I hate Best Buy.

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by STEVEN P. JOBS, Aug 31, 2014.

1. STEVEN P. JOBS macrumors newbie

Story:

On the 20th, I bought an LG G3 for Verizon at Best Buy. The lady gave me 2 options. Buy on contract or buy on Verizon Edge and and my monthly bill would be a few bucks cheaper.

I went with Edge and needed to put $219 down. I put the money down. They rang that in one transaction. Then they rang another transaction because I had to pay the sales tax upfront. That was $54.

They said I have 14 days to change my mind and return it.

Today 8/31 on went to Best Buy and returned it. They only refunded my sales tax and they said the $219.99 would be returned to me by Verizon (probably in the form of a bill credit).

That in itself pissed me off, because I want to use that money to buy the iPhone 6 on release.

So, then I called Verizon, and the rep told me that it is Best Buy's responsibility to refund my money. Best Buy still insists that it is Verizon's duty.

To make things worse, my Verizon account is not showing any credit and it show my line as still having an Edge agreement and not eligible for upgrade.

Everything is so screwed up.

2. Slarti.BartFast macrumors newbie

Don't hate them, it only winds you up, you'll get your money back and will have learned a lesson, at some point you'll work out if Best Buy or Verizon are at fault, then you add them to the 'AVOID' category of your contacts and move on with you life.

Look at Syria or the West Bank to see what hate gets you.

Slarti

3. AxoNeuron macrumors 65816

AxoNeuron

Best thing I've read all day.

4. phositadc macrumors 6502

FYI I'm pretty certain it is best buy who should be refunding you. I know they refunded me when I've returned an AT&T phone in the past. If you used a credit card, just dispute the charge.

But yes, I agree the whole thing sounds idiotic and I sympathize. Good luck getting it sorted out.

5. JohnPi314 macrumors member

JohnPi314

Oh man that sucks :mad:This happened to me with Sprint. It wasn't until I treatened to write to the Attorney General's office that they finally did the right thing and issued a refund.

I hate it when company's point the blame at each other. So why did BestBuy ring it up as s separate transaction I wonder? Maybe if you can determine that, you will know which company is responsible for that refund.

I don't particularly care for BB either; they ban you if you return too much stuff.