I hate Daylight Saving Time

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by steve2112, Mar 14, 2010.

1. steve2112 macrumors 68040

steve2112

I hate the "spring forward" part of Daylight Saving Time. I'm not even tired and thinking it's not that late, when I look up and it's 11pm. This is very annoying when you have to be at work at 7AM. All my electronic gadgets may have updated themselves, but my body hasn't. :rolleyes:

2. callmemike20 macrumors 6502a

callmemike20

3. renewed macrumors 68040

renewed

Luckily this week is Spring Break. Good timing!

4. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

I hate the fall back part. Let's leave it like this forever. More sunlight at night so kids don't have another excuse to go inside early and not exercise and just watch tv. Who cares if it gets dark earlier? Turn the lights on, get ready for work and save the light for after work when you can enjoy it!

5. steve2112 thread starter macrumors 68040

steve2112

I just wish they would pick one and stick with it. Either go year round (which DST almost is now) or drop it totally.

I would, but I like having green stuff in the scenery, like trees and grass. And golf courses don't count. :)

On the plus side, I would already be used to the broiling heat. In fact, in my experience, it seemed cooler than around here due to the lack of insane humidity.

6. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

7. Mike Macintosh macrumors regular

Mike Macintosh

yes I know, throws your body off, and takes you a whole week or so to get use to it, it sucks.

8. greg555 macrumors 6502a

Or move to Saskatchewan, though technically we are on daylight savings year-round.

Greg

9. JNB macrumors 604

JNB

Keep believing that. It's crowded enough here as it is. ;)

10. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

We're just about to Autumn Back in about two weeks. We don't use the term "Fall" for Autumn because it's Autumn.

I love it, I love finishing work at what feels like 4:30 pm for the first week, I love that it's the prelude for winter and that the start of the football season, the air getting crisp and the sun going down early means that sometime soon I'll be going skiing.

I don't like it towards the end where it starts to get light at sparrow fart and wakes me up.

11. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

Really? I've been there, it's like he says - all tan and brown. And the cookie-cutter suburban development hell - it's even worse than southern California, and I thought that's not even possible!

12. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I agree, pick one and be done with it.

13. R.Perez macrumors 6502

R.Perez

14. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

We haven't had to make the time change in the UK yet but we will next weekend. I don't mind this one. I hate the one in autumn that ensures it's dark far too early in the evening and reminds me of the inevitable torture of winter.

15. Queso macrumors G4

I hate the fact that the USA decided to go out of sync with the rest of the world, so I now don't know what time my meetings and telephone conferences are supposed to be until the end of March :mad:

16. Melrose Suspended

Melrose

Yes, but you get one extra hour of glorious, sweet sleep when you move the clocks back. :)

I don't like it in the spring. In the fall, I don't mind it. But either one, I don't see the point. Time is time, there's still 24 hours in a day. So some don't like to work in the dark. Boo hoo.

17. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

18. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

Could. Not. Care. Less. One measly hour of sleep doesn't make up for months of loss of useful daylight hours in the evening, nor the dread of entering a british winter - which is the longest winter known to man. It's been positively bone-chilling for about 6 months straight now. You can't understand how much it bothers me either. I ABHOR being cold. I'd gladly go without sleep for a week if it meant we could leave the clocks as they are from the end of march onwards.

19. JNB macrumors 604

JNB

No, you've been to Phoenix, not Arizona. Big difference. It's like if I went to Palm Springs and saying that's representative of California.

Besides, CA completely blows anymore, and that's coming from a native that has been to pretty much every corner of the state in the 40-some odd years I lived there. Carpetbaggers, greedy and incompetent bastids in state & local government, and wannabes pretty much ruined it for me. The only thing AZ doesn't have that I could find in CA is beaches. Meh, no loss.

Anyway, I still wouldn't want to disabuse you of your perceptions. ;)

20. Antares macrumors 68000

Antares

So, what you're saying is that moving the clocks back an hour is the reason that the UK is cold? If the clocks didn't move back, you would have a warm winter?

21. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

YES! :mad: :p Well okay, no, I guess not. But a little more daylight in the evenings makes it SEEM less awful.

22. Melrose Suspended

Melrose

I think I hit a nerve...

23. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

Hehe, yeah. :eek: It's been a rough winter and I'm a little bitter about it. But hey, spring is on its way! :)

24. Queso macrumors G4

Yes. If the clocks didn't move back everyone would use more fossil fuels in the mornings, accelerate global warming, and we'll all be on the beach in shorts every February after 2020 :)

25. anjinha macrumors 604

anjinha

I'm usually pretty much like you about the cold but since I came back from NYC I've never felt cold in Lisbon. I remember just before I left to go to NY that it was 7ºC in Lisbon and I was wearing a ton of layers and feeling really cold. When I came back 7ºC felt warm, even when wearing just a light jacket. :p