I hate Entourage...

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Turkish, Apr 23, 2007.

1. Turkish macrumors 6502

Always have... Stupid "Entourage Archive" half Access / half Entourage databases...

Anyway, I need to export e-Mails in a format that OS X Mail can read.

Have two machines - one iMac and one PM G5.

Suggestions? I thought about target disk mode - can I use the OS X Mail function to import e-mails from the other computer's Entourage database?

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Yeah, when you go to Mail's Import Mailbox it should give you the option to import from Entourage. Target Disk Mode might be an efficient way of doing this. :)

3. bumfilter macrumors regular

It's been a while since I've used it, but I think I remember you can drag folders etc out of Entourage to the desktop, then import them? May be an alternative if the above recommendation doesn't work!

4. M@lew macrumors 68000

M@lew

I actually think Entourage is kind of neat. But then again, I use iCal and Mail.app because they're universal. But if Apple provided the ability to combine them into something like Entourage, that would be my program of choice.

5. bumfilter macrumors regular

I also did like Entourage to some extent but I like Mail too.

I love the filtering options of Outlook and as far as I remember Entourage but love the simplicity of Mail. I've tried other clients and none have really done anything for me.

Ideally I'd like a slightly more advanced Mail or a slightly less cumbersome Entourage.

6. dukeblue91 macrumors 65816

dukeblue91

If I remember correctly, things will get allot better in Leopard.
    Although I still wish Mail and iCal would be combined as one app.