I hate fedex !

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by picollus, Sep 14, 2009.

1. picollus macrumors member

Because i was not at home (i work) fedex bring my new ipod 64gb to the nearest depot station.

It is at ~2.0 hours from my home ! What !

2. 7even macrumors 6502a

Can try to pre-sign for it via the Apple order info page so that they leave it at your door at the next attempt....

3. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

1) Next time deliver it to work
    2) Sign the permission slip to leave it at the door (but if it is stolen it's on you)
    3) Don't live in the middle of nowhere (plan your next residence with the FedEx depot location in mind)

4. aethelbert macrumors 601

Yeah really, how dare they not break the rules and leave it there so that someone could steal it. Let's all hate fedex. While we're at it, how about every other courier as well?

5. designgeek macrumors 65816

designgeek

I hate fed ex too, they should have called me and waited until I could drive across town and get my MBP back from applecare... :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

6. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

4) wait ... that is about it.

I hate companies that make it a point to play by the rules. Those people are real ****ing *******s.

7. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

Yeah, but after the THIRD failed attempt Apple gets it back (read the rules) ;)

8. aethelbert macrumors 601

Yeah, then you get a refund minus shipping costs. And if someone really can't sign the "we missed you" door hanger release form, pre-sign for it, or be home, they probably shouldn't be ordering anything of value that is shipped with insurance.

9. destroyer333 macrumors newbie

get a neighbor to sign it for you if you have any trustworthy ones.

10. elpmas macrumors 68000

elpmas

Leaving it at the door steps...not a smart idea. I rather drive 2hrs then get jacked :D

11. Willis macrumors 68020

Willis

As others has said, just get a redelivery for when you're home. I'm sure they offer that service where you are.

Most other big couriers here in the UK are about an hour or more from me (except DHL, Parcelforce & Royal Mail)

12. picollus thread starter macrumors member

It seems the only solution

I live in appartment

I live in the 30 biggest city in canada ! (Sherbrooke, Qc)

... but what i really hate... it's with apple, we can't select the carrier for shipping

13. picollus thread starter macrumors member

The only choice was " We will retry on the next working day at the same hour (10:30 AM)"

LOL... next time.. I will wait and go to the apple store !

14. Willis macrumors 68020

Willis

just phone up and request that it gets delivered a different day. what they tell you isn't set in stone.

Simply say, you can try delivering again, but you will be wasting your time. I'm home this day etc etc.

15. tjcampbell macrumors 6502a

tjcampbell

If you order something, you know it's coming, so be there. You don't call for a pizza then go out for an hour and come back all angry cus it's not on your doorstep. Fed Ex and any company will reattempt delivery, but that's an appointment so be there and you'll receive your goods.

16. picollus thread starter macrumors member

Fedex only do appointment between 9:00 AM and 5:00 PM in my region...
    and people work 8@5 in my country !

Other carrier like UPS and Postal Canada have service points in my city... not fedex !

But i learned my lesson... :)

17. bruinsrme macrumors 601

bruinsrme

On the slip that is left ask for the item to be left at the depot.
    Or you can call them and request the same.

Nothing better than taking a day off and playing with a new toy

18. flyfish29 macrumors 68020

flyfish29

You could leave them a note and have them deliever it to a neighbor you trust...that is what I do all the time...just a note on the door and they take care of it- of course my neighbor works from home so that is key- they need to be home if you are not.

19. tjcampbell macrumors 6502a

tjcampbell

Not all people work 8-5. That's quite a grand statement.

And in any business you are allowed to take half-days for reasons such as installations and deliveries. Look into it. It's the law.

20. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

It may not be the law in Canada though. Laws in the UK aren't the laws everywhere.

The OP is being as unreasonable as humanly possible and with every solution given he has a way to counter that. In that case, if you're nearby an Apple store then you best get in your car and buy it in store next time. Even if you're < 2 hours away from one clearly that would be better than having to drive to FedEx.