Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HenriH

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 7, 2012
Since Apple changed my Email account to iCloud I only have troubles
My little post stamp to open eMail does not work,
(There may be a problem with the mail server or network. Verify the settings for account “MobileMe” or try again.

The server returned the error: Moved: http://me.com/move)
Went to Mail Preferences
email address: XX@me.com and XX@mac.com (correct)
Username: XX (correct)
Password re-entered
Still can't connect (mail is now in iCloud) Yes I know, YES I KNOW :confused:
New message:
The MobileMe IMAP server “mail.me.com” rejected the password for user “XX”
OK re-enter:
The MobileMe IMAP server “mail.me.com” rejected the password for user “XX”
Enter your password again or cancel.
Enter your password again or cancel.
So go in to iCloud name etc. everything OK
But when I send an eMail nothing comes up in Sent:(:confused:
So who can help....
I liked the old system where the post stamp could tell you: You have a message

Last edited:

roadbloc

macrumors G3
Aug 24, 2009
UK
Don't like iCloud? Don't use it then. Problem solved.

Hell, I think I'm a genius sometimes.

kaielement

macrumors 65816
Dec 16, 2010
I don't like it so I don't use it. It doesn't fit my life style so rather then bitch about it I deal with it move on and use other services that work for me.

CompWzrd

macrumors newbie
Feb 15, 2013
I don't like it so I don't use it. It doesn't fit my life style so rather then bitch about it I deal with it move on and use other services that work for me.

Really? That's your advice? So every time your car breaks down you don't "bitch" you buy a new car that works? Anytime anything needs to be fixed, you don't ask for help (or "bitch" as you call it), you replace it?

bucksaddle

macrumors 6502
Dec 4, 2008
Really? That's your advice? So every time your car breaks down you don't "bitch" you buy a new car that works? Anytime anything needs to be fixed, you don't ask for help (or "bitch" as you call it), you replace it?

He probably doesn't drag up threads that are 9 months old to comment on them either.

aicul

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2007
no cars, only boats
It is an old thread, but the issue is common.

You cannot really use many Apple services without iCloud, and iCloud does not always match a persons need in terms of email.

Personally I use iCloud only where this is value add (iTunes, etc.) and have a separate non-Apple account for email. Activating individual services per account is simple in iOS preferences since v5 (or 6? I cannot remember).

However, this is not overtly evident to people that opt for Apple because there is a common understanding that Apple products are simpler.

Here they are not.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.