I HATE iMovie!!!!

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by Clazgar, Jan 3, 2009.

1. Clazgar macrumors newbie

I have had it up to here *points way above head* with iMovie!! iMove 6 (07') always screws up my videos that I import and when I export, half of the time the video will stop but the audio will continue after about 5 minutes in. Then if I go to the new ****** iMovie 7 (08') it will not import anything to save it's virtual life! Also in iMovie 6 my MacBook Pro's built in iSight doesn't work which forces me to use photo booth which has it's own list of problems with video recording (but I don't expect much from it). CAN SOMEONE PLEASE GIVE ME A NAME OF A VIDEO EDITING SUITE THAT WORKS LIKE IMOVIE 6 BUT ACTUALLY WORKS!!! And, yes I have tried Final Cut Pro. This sums it up from my experience, "How The Hell Do I Work This!?!?!?!" Help Is VERY Much Appreciated! Thx!
    :apple: Help Me Steve (Or Maybe Phil Now...) :apple:

2. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

Hahaha, wow. Sounds like user error to me.

Seriously though, if you're having that many problems with every editing app you've tried, especially FCP ...

3. Clazgar thread starter macrumors newbie

FCP is just waaaaayyyyy to complicated for me! I have really gotten to love iMove 6 until it started to give me problems! This just started not to long ago!

4. Courtaj macrumors 6502a

Courtaj

Your problems with iMovie 6 can probably be sorted, which would seem a good idea because after iMovie the next step up is Final Cut (Express) which you've already rejected as a possibility. Now that the rant is over, could you patiently explain each problem in terms of what actions led to the problem and how the problem manifested itself? Then we might be able to start helping you.

Andrew.

5. eRondeau macrumors 6502a

eRondeau

There must be something specific to your computer that is causing you these problems with iMovie 6. Especially if your iSight isn't recognized. Are you sure you're running all the current software updates? Have you repaired permissions lately? Also maybe nuke your iMovie .prefs file and start again. Clearly something isn't quite up to snuff there. :apple:

6. Clazgar thread starter macrumors newbie

K, iMovie always exports the video but, when I go to watch the exported video the video it self will freeze 5 or so minutes in while the audio continues on. The iSight camera is recognized in iMovie 7 but not 6. BTW: I am using a MacBook Pro 2.4 GHz, 200GB, 2GB, 15.4". It's the early 2008 model.