iPhone I hate ios 8.3 can I go back to ios 8.2?

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by Matheew944, Apr 16, 2015.

1. Matheew944 macrumors regular

Ios 8.3 is worst IOS ever. Can I downgrade to IOS 8.2 ? If yes, how can I downgrade?

2. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

3. Matheew944 thread starter macrumors regular

Touch id doesnt work, and I put my correct apple id and says it is the wrong password,

4. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

Hmm. Try a restore.

And no there is no way to go back to 8.2

5. Matheew944 thread starter macrumors regular

6. adamhenry macrumors 65816

adamhenry

No. Not possible.

7. simon lefisch macrumors 6502a

simon lefisch

Doesn't work in App Store? If so, try going to settings>Touch ID and disable/reenable touch for whatever you were using it for (ie; app/music store).

8. Paradoxally macrumors 65816

People in this thread need to stop saying you can't downgrade to 8.2 when they don't know about Apple's firmware signing status. 8.2 is still being signed so you can restore to it.

Go here: https://ipsw.me/

Select your model and then download iOS 8.2 ipsw. Hook your phone up to iTunes, put it DFU mode, and shift + click on 'Restore...' to select that ipsw. It should then restore to 8.2.

Note that it will delete all your data, and if you have an 8.3 backup you can't restore that. It needs to be a backup created with 8.2 or below.

9. C DM macrumors Westmere

Although it's might be possible to downgrade the 8.3 experience described is quite unusual and doesn't really seem like a 8.3 issue. I would say restoring as new with 8.3 might be worth trying first in case there was just some install issue originally that caused unusual issues.

10. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

Wait.... Its still being signed? :confused: That makes no sense.

11. sanke1 macrumors 65816

sanke1

Download the 8.2 firmware and restore using iTunes QUICKLY. You barely have any time. Apple will stop signing 8.2 any moment now.

12. chrfr macrumors 603

I agree with this opinion. It seems likely there's something else going on that isn't directly related to 8.3.

13. Matheew944 thread starter macrumors regular

I will try to reset the touch id and reset my device.If it doesnt work, I will downgrade

14. nordique macrumors 6502a

Yeah try to reset it if you can, because I have found 8.3 to be a smoother and more bug free experience than 8.2 was

15. Woochifer macrumors 6502a

iOS has always had a window where Apple still signs the previous version. It's usually no more than a few weeks on major interval updates.

----------

Resetting alone might not be enough. If it still doesn't work, then try restoring the phone as a new device, and verify Touch ID functionality. If it works, then restore your data and apps from a backup.

As mentioned, downgrading won't help if your backup was done with iOS 8.3. On iTunes, I usually maintain at least a couple of older backups done using previous versions of iOS.

16. kupkakez macrumors 68000

kupkakez

Thank you for this!!! I'm trying this right now as I want to be able to continue using ifunbox to move around game save files. This could potentially make my day if it works!! :)

Edit: Yep it did work! :D

17. bbloyd macrumors newbie

Video Camera Lock up on IOS 8.3 - iPhone 6+ 128gb

My iPhone's video camera locks up after I shoot a video. The video will not post to the pictures and I can not select the image to view or switch camera back to still operation. My fingerprint scanner works great. Sketchy about downgrading to 8.2. I will wait it out and see maybe take to Apple Store.

18. saudor macrumors 6502

Downgraded mine for this exact reason

19. Matheew944 thread starter macrumors regular

I forgot my apple id password, now I wont be able to download any app. What I should do? Because I restored my device and says that I should have the best password but I forgot.

Other problem, I went to apple web site , and said that I will receive a email to change my password. But since two days I didnt receive any email from apple

20. I7guy macrumors G5

Check your spam box. Reinitiate the request on the apple website to reset your password. The email usually comes within minutes. Call up apple, see if you can verify the email address on file for the password reset.

21. luke lau macrumors regular

luke lau

Ah yes the two killer features of point three