I hate iPhone leaks

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by garirry, Aug 27, 2015.

1. garirry macrumors 68000

garirry

Apologies for making this thread, but this is something that I would like to share since it's very annoying.

One thing that makes me really angry is how three months after a new iPhone comes out, there's already parts from China that some dude stole and showed to the rest of the Internet. The problem is that it ruins all the fun and suspense of watching Apple's stream and seeing the new iPhone. I don't want to know what will the new iPhone 6S be. I'm perfectly fine with rumours though, it does create some interest, but leaks, they just spoil everything and it irritates me to death.

And I know that a lot of you will say "well don't view any tech news and stuff", and guess what? It's absolutely impossible to do so. Many people on Twitter and Youtube post about the leaks, everyone else will share more and more info regarding the newest phone, thus making it impossible to avoid, unless I don't use the Internet at all 90% of the year. And it's not like they put "spoilers for upcoming phone" in their title. It's annoying, makes me uncomfortable, and makes the event look like a recap, nothing else. I wish Apple would lock their phone production line so that nobody will ever steal stuff from them since these overly obsessed idiots can't think about others. I really love Apple products, and I really love watching their streams, but this is is just crossing the line. I never had that feeling when there were, let's say, rumours of Apple making a 12" notebook (rMB).

2. kupkakez macrumors 68000

kupkakez

Go Amish. No internet, no TV. Problem solved. :p

For me, I enjoy the leaks because I get excited to see new stuff is coming. I can also see how it ruins the fun for some though!

3. Flow39 macrumors 68000

Flow39

4. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

iPhone leaks on an s cycle make no difference as we know it'll be the same cosmetically. As for other leaks it's part of life.

5. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Me too. I have to air mine up at least once a day. I had a Genius check it out (he sprayed windex on it and looked for bubbles), but he couldn't find any leaks. I'll just have to wait for the 6(S) to come out and get a new phone.

6. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

Because Apple outsource production they are always going to struggle to control leaks. If you want to know how to do a proper job of locking down the leaks, read about how Rolex handle security in this tour of their manufacturing facilities.

7. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

8. Surf Donkey Suspended

Surf Donkey

I mean you have been a member of a site for two years now whose ENTIRE PURPOSE is to find and collate leaked rumors. Maybe start by not coming here? Sites like this and other tech blogs get a surge hits (ie ad revenues) from leaks. So you are only contributing to the issue by coming here.

9. ricktat macrumors 65816

I am looking forward to the Iphone 7 leaks in 9 months.

10. Flow39 macrumors 68000

Flow39

You mean September 19th?

11. JustMadeThisNameUp macrumors regular

The leaks are what help Apple thrive. I don't see any evidence that they're responsible for anything recently leaking as very few things seem legitimate. But the leaks get people talking about wanting their new iPhones. To my knowledge there are no Android phones that get this kind of attention.

But staying away from this type of information is easy. Scroll past the articles, those pictures aren't showing you anything you don't already know.

12. maxsix Suspended

maxsix

Leaks aren't what they seem to be. Instead it's all part of Apples big picture marketing scheme. Ultra powerful and in control within the media industry Apples spent many years building a very influential Company and Brand. The masters of manipulation influence and slick advertising they have a very willing Army of Pro-Apple advocates in all areas that can and do help Apple to be the juggernaut they are today.

Just by paying close attention to the way articles are written, the words chosen, in a vast number of media outlets, even when they're reviewing other brands... reveals the highly pervasive Apple Bias. It's nearly impossible to read something that isn't pro Apple in Forbes, The New York Times, or many other sources that never let Apple down. Oh sure once in a while they'll say something critical about Apple to keep the appearance of neutral reporting somewhat intact, but those of us that do read a high volume of articles and reports, the bias is unmistakable.

The bottom line is Apple is deserving of the top rung, being the biggest richest company, the highest revenue generator. They continue to pull off near miracles to keep this many devoted, emotionally attached followers, that not only keep buying , upgrading and singing the praises of Apple, but will go to Apples defense no matter if right or wrong.

It's an amazing accomplishment.

13. JohnApples macrumors 65816

Technically, every rumor is a "leak". It's just a matter of finding out which are true, and which are just made up or purely prediction.

14. C DM macrumors Westmere

Since we can never really know for sure, even potentially "legit" leaks can often simply be seen as something made up or guessed/assumed basically.

15. Flow39 macrumors 68000

Flow39

Well, every year the day after the iPhone launches, the rumors have already started for the next version :D

16. ipooed macrumors 6502a

ipooed

That's your opinion, that's kinda like saying why do some doctors tell you the sex of the baby before its born, most people want to know so they can be prepared i.e: saving funds, selling current iPhone.

But there are a select few like yourself that like to be surprised personally I like to know in advance so I can figure out if I want to start saving money for it.

17. ipadpro macrumors 6502a

ipadpro

opposite me , i like leak ,,, so we have things to discuss ,

18. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

Definitely. When photos of the lost iPhone 4 prototype first surfaced, many MacRumors members were convinced it was a fake.

19. techspin macrumors 6502a

If you want to be surprised, you can ask for a random color when you go buy it. ;)

20. petvas macrumors 601

petvas

After Apple double downed on security, leaks have increased significantly. It is pretty difficult to control the whole production chain, and it's normal that we see parts leaking out. The problem for me is how much of a disappointment the next iPhone update will be, and not the leaks.

21. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

If you want to know what disappointment is read the comments in the link I posted above. :D

22. petvas macrumors 601

petvas

Yes, I know, I was here at that time, reading these comments :)

Every time a leaked photo comes out, most people complain how ugly it looks.

23. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

The most amusing thing about that thread was browsing through it six months later and seeing almost all the members who hated it listing the iPhone 4 in their signatures. :rolleyes:

24. From A Buick 8 macrumors 68040

From A Buick 8

Try a can of "fixAflat" it will seal it up, just make sure you let the tech know that you used it before he works on it.

25. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Every. Single. Year. :D