I hate itunes.

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by And, May 14, 2011.

1. And macrumors 6502

And

There, I've said it. I hate this piece of software... it is a very weak chink in Apple's armour as far as i am concerned! OK, enough vitriol...

I am now no longer able to delete any music from my iphone. It loads up in itunes, i select some tunes and press delete, and nothing happens...

1) If anyone has any idea what the issue might be please tell me!

2) If anyone knows of a simple way of removing and adding music to an iphone that doesn't involve itunes, please tell me!

Thanks!

2. aicul macrumors 6502a

maybe start with a reset of both. the situation you describe is quite abnormal

3. And thread starter macrumors 6502

And

Have already tried restarting itunes and have rebooted.

Makes no difference. Can't delete anything via itunes...

and.

4. And thread starter macrumors 6502

And

OK. Have now tried phone restart. Has made no difference, still not allowed to delete anything from phone...

has anyone got any more ideas?

5. ormie macrumors regular

ormie

Have you plugged the iPhone in and selected the option for music, where you can chose to load all, selected, random or none?
    If that doesn't work, try selecting the repair feature where you can do a clean reinstall and treat it as a new iPhone rather than restore from a back up. Could just be a corruption either in a back up or with the iPhone.
    Ps. Yes, I am frustrated with iTunes as it keeps deleting podcast that aren't finished and corrupting the feeds to so I end up with other podcast turning into another, but duplicated podcast.

6. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

Is it supposed to work like that? The iPhone will sync itself to whatever you have in iTunes, unless told otherwise. I sync my iPhone just to one playlist. If I want to delete a track on the iPhone, I delete that track from the playlist in iTunes, and then connect the iPhone and as it syncs the track will be removed from the iPhone.