I hate my 5c! Verizon question?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MilleDav01, Mar 30, 2015.

1. MilleDav01 macrumors member

I called Verizon and they told me I have to upgrade at full cost because I'm not eligible until December 3, 2015. I asked the lady if it was possible to pay the early termination fee but not cancel my line and get the phone slightly cheaper and she told me this is impossible. Do you think this is true? Would I have to just open another line and cancel the first one? I really would like to keep my phone number since I've had it for five or six years. Any advice? Yes I know that getting the iPhone 5c was really stupid, but at the time I needed a phone quickly and I had $99.

2. Chatter macrumors 6502a

Sell the 5C for ~$200 (16GB) and buy what you want outright. No need to change/extend contracts.

3. ipooed macrumors 6502

ipooed

Call back and ask to speak to a manger/supervisor! Tell them what you want and if they aren't willing to help you, you will take your business elsewhere (a lot of times when you say you want to cancel) most companies have a "retention" department you must be transferred to and they will do what they can to keep your business

4. kaielement macrumors 65816

What plans are you on? Might be a ble to do edge. I would look into that. I know verizon is letting people out of their 2 year contracts if they do edge only thing you might have to do is return the phone back to verizon.

5. heyyitssusan macrumors 65816

If you pay the ETF you can't get a phone for cheaper. Only thing to do at this point is to buy a phone outright and put your SIM in it, then sell the 5C. Either that or you can do Edge.

6. AutoUnion39 macrumors 601

AutoUnion39

You can keep your 5C and do Edge. You can take in the 5C and get some money back for it. Best thing would be to sell the 5C on CL.

7. C DM macrumors Westmere

Yeah, Early Edge might be an option.

----------

Do what they can so you can just break contracts and all that an not pay them and get phones for cheap because you threaten them?

It's worth it to call and find out what options you might have, but there surely can't be any expectation that a company should just give you things just because you get upset with them because you want something for cheap or change your mind.

8. kaielement macrumors 65816

If you are doing an early edge you have to return your phone to get out of your contract. But if it's a normal edge upgrade you can keep the old phone.