Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Khryz

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 7, 2007
After a week and a half I had to replace my iPhone 3G because the ringer switch button fell off, so I had to rip off my BSE front and back skins. I re-ordered more BSE skins the next day and they still haven't come yet (only been about less than a week) but I can't wait!

I hate how finger prints get all over it, dust, and all the other little stuff that make it look bad. With the BSE on it looked amazing all the time.

Anybody else feel this way?

Interstella5555

macrumors 603
Jun 30, 2008
After a week and a half I had to replace my iPhone 3G because the ringer switch button fell off, so I had to rip off my BSE front and back skins. I re-ordered more BSE skins the next day and they still haven't come yet (only been about less than a week) but I can't wait!

I hate how finger prints get all over it, dust, and all the other little stuff that make it look bad. With the BSE on it looked amazing all the time.

Anybody else feel this way?

not really, both my original and 3G have gone naked and they look great. If you really have a problem with it you could not use it for a week, go to the store and pick up something else, or get over it and realize it's a phone and things happen to them. Besides, in my opinion, iPhones with cases on them might as well be a free Nokia POS for how good they look.

Khryz

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 7, 2007
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5F136 Safari/525.20)

That's why I like the invisible skins because they still show off it's looks.

Cask

Jul 14, 2008
Yeap, mine goes only with an invisible shield sort of protector, much better than those horrible bulky cases, and I don't have to be cleaning up the screen everytime. I like it.

Cynicalone

macrumors 68040
Jul 9, 2008
Okie land
Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.1.1 Mobile/5F138 Safari/525.20)

No I leave my phone naked all the time. I just wipe it off at night to clear off the fingerprints and it's good to go.

deriko100

macrumors 6502
Jul 29, 2008
New York
What i recommend is just stay with the naked iPhone 3G the skin will start to give you problems and then youll go crazy, that happened to me so i just stopped using cases, and stopped using skins ( the only one i would use is for the screen ).

dissdnt

macrumors 65816
Aug 3, 2007
Just go naked enough with the cases! You know you'll be replacing it in a year anyway when they come out with the a newer one plus those things will have almost no resell value on ebay unless it's 1st gen.

threezero

macrumors 6502
Aug 22, 2008
Just go naked enough with the cases! You know you'll be replacing it in a year anyway when they come out with the a newer one plus those things will have almost no resell value on ebay unless it's 1st gen.

i bet to differ. This is what i predict will happen. By the time the new iphone comes out, the current one 3g will be unlockable. And the new 1 will have the same distribution model as this one now which means it will be locked and require contract.

so by that time 1st gen will be dirt cheap while the current 3g will maintain good resell value.

pure speculation.

selena12321

macrumors member
Jun 24, 2008
So, what did you do to cover your phone if I were in place of you I would have get case.

Last edited by a moderator:

ditzy

macrumors 68000
Sep 28, 2007
My iPhone is as naked as the day it was manufactured and it is going to stay that way.

Max E Verde

macrumors regular
Jan 12, 2005
New Jersey
My iPhone 3G has a belt buckle case where the iPhone comes easily out with only a screen protector on it. I am thinking of a real case for when its in my hands because I'm afraid its screen will crack like my iPhone 2G did

But yeah no cases look as good as the iPhone 3G naked cause none of the case designers are Apple. And since Apple isn't known for making good accessories, maybe they should design a case for a 3rd party to manufacture? Like when they once designed a speaker holding for Altec Lansing.

Clete2

macrumors 65816
Sep 20, 2008
USA
I have a translucent skin, but it's still not as good as naked. The phone is beautiful naked, but I want it scratch-free. :-/ Also, I hate how the screen protector makes the screen look like crap. I'm considering buying a glossy one. :-/

ILBandit

macrumors regular
Sep 7, 2008
http://www.sgpstore.com

I love it...thinking about getting more colors.

I was looking at those the other day, do they stay tight? Are they as slim / thin as they look on the site?
I might just get one of those if they stay snug on the phone, and don't loosen up after a little time goes by.
Have you had yours for quite a while?

barkomatic

macrumors 601
Aug 8, 2008
Manhattan
Cases suck mostly. The one I had caused more scratches to my phone than if I had left it naked. I don't think I'll ever use a case again--the iphone is a nice-looking piece of hardware and is more enjoyable without a case. It's a phone--and its meant to be handled a lot. Mines held up just fine since I ditched the case.

Loonytik

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2008
I was looking at those the other day, do they stay tight? Are they as slim / thin as they look on the site?
I might just get one of those if they stay snug on the phone, and don't loosen up after a little time goes by.
Have you had yours for quite a while?

I have had mine for about 2 weeks and it is very tight. They are very slim and dockable for the most part. It doesn't cover the chrome bezel but it is still a very nice protection for the phone. Its almost like there is no case at all, which is what I like the most.

ILBandit

macrumors regular
Sep 7, 2008
I have had mine for about 2 weeks and it is very tight. They are very slim and dockable for the most part. It doesn't cover the chrome bezel but it is still a very nice protection for the phone. Its almost like there is no case at all, which is what I like the most.

Thanks for the tip / response..
Got mine last week. I love this case! It is perfect for what I wanted. Barely adds any bulk to the phone, but still protects it. It's not so sticky that I have any problems sliding it in and out of my pocket, but is rubbery enough to where it stays put, and doesn't slide around on the car seat like it did without a case.
Plus it's nice having a different looking phone now. There are about 5 iphones in my office, I have the only red one now! LOL

P.S. I'm also thinking about ordering a few more colors also, just to switch it up a little every once in a while.

jlake02

macrumors 68020
Nov 2, 2008
L.A.
I prefer my phone naked but after a simple 2 ft. drop cracked the screen apart, I opted for the inCase Slider. Still like it better naked, but not enough to risk another screen disaster. :/

rotobadger

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2007
I recently picked up a couple of Cozip cases for my iPhone. They fit very snugly so it's almost like having a naked phone. It look great too.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.