Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

joker2

macrumors 6502a
Feb 19, 2003
DC area
Procrastinator... yep, that's me.

I was going to fold the towels, really, I was... but got distracted and am now pinned down by a cat on the lap... so what better to do than surf MR? ;)

Pittsax

macrumors 6502
Dec 8, 2004
Toronto, Ontario
Truer words were never spoken:

procrastination.jpg

Pittsax

macrumors 6502
Dec 8, 2004
Toronto, Ontario
PlaceofDis said:
but shouldn't it be a picture of someone sleeping. or watching tv or something? :confused:
I dunno. They're a series of parodies of those stupid motivational posters, so I think they're supposed to have an epic look to them. Besides, the guy looks to me like he's doing nothing productive.

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
Pittsax said:
I dunno. They're a series of parodies of those stupid motivational posters, so I think they're supposed to have an epic look to them. Besides, the guy looks to me like he's doing nothing productive.

good enough i suppose. perhaps just sitting there would be better.
standing is so not lazy. :p

xsedrinam

macrumors 601
Oct 21, 2004
PlaceofDis said:
but shouldn't it be a picture of someone sleeping. or watching tv or something? :confused:
Or maybe it's a Before and After set?

Attachments

• Procrastination_before.gif
    Procrastination_before.gif
    78.7 KB · Views: 54
  • Procrastination_after.gif
    Procrastination_after.gif
    76.3 KB · Views: 43

eva01

macrumors 601
Feb 22, 2005
Gah! Plymouth
Well got another test tomorrow afternoon, spent the entire afternoon today at friends playing hockey and watching olympics and discovery channel

dotdotdot

macrumors 68020
Jan 23, 2005
Yeah, it's always fun finishing papers at 1:30 AM...

its easy to procrastinate, just think of MacRumors.

ibook30

macrumors 6502a
Jun 4, 2005
2,000 light years from home
Isn't procrastination the practice of looking at all you have not done, instead of all you are doing.

Procrastination is a way of looking at things- sure I'm not doing that report the boss wants, or working on my midterm paper, but I found a really cool new app....or, had a great day dream about time travel and the sociological importance of petroleum jelly.... If you focus on the boss or midterm paper you're really discounting all that was accomplished in the mean time.

Maybe I'm not doing what I "should be doing" - but I did something- and that counts, right? Of course "something" could be "took a long nap" - but what's the difference? I could be wrong. I'm gonna go do something now.

blackfox

macrumors 65816
Feb 18, 2003
PDX
mmm. I meant to post on the first page of this thread...

I am waiting on rendering, so this is a productive waste of time for me...

oh, a favorite quote regarding procrastination:

"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time". Very true me thinks...

C

CompUser

This year I have been lucky many times. I would have a test the next day and I would be like ughhhh and study for like 10min. The next day I would be like shoot I should have studied more. Then the teacher usually randomly delays the test or we have a snow day or something like that.

yanasax

macrumors member
Feb 17, 2006
Kutztown, PA
The Procrastinator's Creed:
1. I believe that if anything is worth doing, it would have been done already.
2. I shall never move quickly, except to avoid more work or find excuses.
3. I will never rush into a job without a lifetime of consideration.
4. I shall meet all of my deadlines directly in proportion to the amount of bodily injury I could expect to receive from missing them.
5. I firmly believe that tomorrow holds the possibility for new technologies, astounding discoveries, and a reprieve from my obligations.
6. I truly believe that all deadlines are unreasonable regardless of the amount of time given.
7. I shall never forget that the probability of a miracle, though infinitesmally small, is not exactly zero.
8. If at first I don't succeed, there is always next year.
9. I shall always decide not to decide, unless of course I decide to change my mind.
10. I shall always begin, start, initiate, take the first step, and/or write the first word, when I get around to it.
11. I obey the law of inverse excuses which demands that the greater the task to be done, the more insignificant the work that must be done prior to beginning the greater task.
12. I know that the work cycle is not plan/start/finish, but is wait/plan/plan.
13. I will never put off until tomorrow, what I can forget about forever.
14. I will become a member of the ancient Order of Two-Headed Turtles (the Procrastinator's Society) if they ever get it organized.

*something i did....while procrastinating*

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.