Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SMM

macrumors 65816
Sep 22, 2006
Tiger Mountain - WA State
I have an exacto knife for the hard plastic. It allows me to cut the item out. I have a razor-blade knife (exacto will also work) for removing the DVDs. I trace the cracks with the blade, which allows the case to open. It is then easy to remove the rest of the garbage. But, like the rest of you, I really dislike having to work with this crap. What really pisses me off is, they do this for 'curb appeal' and marketing. They do not have to do this. And what double pisses me off, this sh** ends up in the landfill.

EricNau

Moderator emeritus
Apr 27, 2005
San Francisco, CA
Yup. CD shrink-wrapping irritates me. But that's not so bad as the stupid stickers on all three sides of DVD cases! ARGH! Reason? In trying to take off the stickers and wrapping on a CD, it's got a really hard case and so picking at it w/ my nail doesn't "hurt" or harm the case, whereas w/ the softer DVD cases? I find I can scratch or "gouge" the case. :eek: Yeah, I can be a little anal about some things. Teehee.
But nothing is as bad as the shrink wrap that is actually glued to the spine of some DVD cases. :mad: Combined with the three stickers on every other side of the case and watching movies isn't even worth the trouble. :eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.