I HATE the 3.0 firmware

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DipDog3, Apr 21, 2009.

1. DipDog3 macrumors 65816

DipDog3

I know it's a beta but man is it buggy.

Can't even use it as a phone because it will never show a calling coming in. It goes straight to missed call! I have given up using beta 3.0 and am downgrading to 2.2.1..

Good Luck to everyone else.

2. theDUB macrumors 6502a

theDUB

3. alexbates macrumors 65816

alexbates

It it the first 3.0 beta or have you recently download the latest 3rd beta?

4. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

It couldn't be the first because it's expired.

5. DipDog3 thread starter macrumors 65816

DipDog3

Both the 2nd & 3rd betas had the same problem for me.

It also forgets my contacts because it will only show phone numbers and not names when people call even though the numbers are stored in a contact...

6. VSMacOne macrumors 601

VSMacOne

How is your second problem possible?! I thought your calls weren't coming in ... ;)

7. alexbates macrumors 65816

alexbates

Hmm, I would have thought that Apple would have most of the major bugs out by now. If your not an iPhone dev that needs 3.0 to test with, you probably should downgrade.

8. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

If you're not a developer then you should wait like the rest of us.
    Thats what happens with betas.

9. Roessnakhan macrumors 68040

Roessnakhan

Exactly, if you went into a beta and discovered it buggy then you deserve the Captain Obvious award.

10. skwoytek macrumors 6502a

The proper place to report this is: http://developer.apple.com/bugreporter/

The NDA you agreed to when joining the developer program prohibits you from discussing iPhone OS 3.0 beta 3 bugs in the Mac Rumors forums.

11. ThE.MeSsEnGeR macrumors 6502a

ThE.MeSsEnGeR

u said it! "I know it's a beta"!! what do u expect?? if you were all excited about the new features of 3.0 and wanted to experience them from now, and used your only iPhone that you're currently using for your daily tasks and calls... that was a really bad decision because it is a BETA! Software BETA's are supposed to be used on devices that are solely for testing and that won't affect your daily life if it fails to do everything as you expect it to...
    Downgrade to 2.2.1 and wait for June/July and u'll get 3.0 all touched up and shiny! :D

12. efice32 macrumors 6502

I call BS on this one. No one else has mentioned anything about this. If this were a widespread issue we would've had hundreds of threads about it by now the way this forum is.

13. philstone macrumors 6502

I haven't missed any calls but I have noticed on occasion that if I look at the screen during the call the name isn't displayed but the number is - but it's never lost them in the phonebook only during a call, which is hardly the end of the world!

14. StuddedLeather macrumors 6502a

15. Leemo macrumors 6502

Leemo

I know this isn't much help, but thought I'd add in my experience with the betas...

Had serious buggy issues with the first, the second wasn't so bad - but this third one seems spot on, no issues whatsoever for me. MMS is great!

-L

16. DipDog3 thread starter macrumors 65816

DipDog3

When it shows missed call it only shows the number and not the contact. Sometimes it will show that a call is incoming but the screen will lock up so I can’t slide to answer.

I am a developer. I have app testers that aren’t having serious problems with 3.0 but they also have the iPhone 3G.

Obviously I don’t care about the NDA & I have enough bugs with my own apps. I don’t need to waste my time trying to fix Apples. I signed up to be a developer, not a beta tester.

Yea, I couldn’t find anything about it either. I bet it has something to do with the fact that all of my contacts are pushed through Google Sync. That might explain the phone number without contact names, but not the phone not receiving calls.

I am not trying to fix my issues with the 3.0 firmware in this forum. I have already downgraded back to 2.2.1 and my iPhone is rock solid. I am going to have to go out and purchase an iPod Touch or a used iPhone to use for development. I was hoping to wait till the new iPhone came out this summer and get a new iPhone but I guess I won’t be able to wait that long.

17. synagence macrumors 6502a

Well then wait until 3.0 is formally release to the public, the NDA is lifted and then you can update your apps to work with 3.0 then ... by saying you want to develop against 3.0 but not be a beta tester is laughable.

No-one forced you into 3.0 ... you want to release apps for day 1 then you have to suffer beta code

18. DipDog3 thread starter macrumors 65816

DipDog3

Thanks for your comments, but having 3.0 apps ready to go on day one is what is required in the cut throat business of iPhone Apps.

I just don’t have time to beta test my own software & Apple’s software too.

19. jarjarblinks macrumors 6502

jarjarblinks

Sorry to hear about your experience. 3.0 works for me as well as 2.2.1.

20. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

That make anyone else chuckle as well?:)

21. ditzy macrumors 68000

ditzy

If developing was really your first priority you would not be downgrading. If you main priority was the new features though...

22. DipDog3 thread starter macrumors 65816

DipDog3

More like I should have a dedicated iPhone or Touch for development and not use my main phone for that purpose.

23. Gix1k macrumors 68030

Gix1k

24. kzoojason76 macrumors member

I'm not 100% sure (since I'm not a developer), but isn't there two different downloads for 3.0b3? One for the original iPhone, and one for the iPhone 3G ? If this is the case, is it possible that you put the wrong firmware on your phone?

Just guessing here. Again, I'm not a dev, so I haven't seen the downloads.

25. Randman macrumors 65816

Randman

It's a beta. No need to use it unless impatient or a developer. What did you expect?