I hate the mobile view on Safari!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by jollygoodamy, Sep 9, 2011.

1. jollygoodamy macrumors regular

I use Safari on my iPod Touch very often and I hate using the mobile versions of most websites. Especially fanfiction.net. Going to the bottom of a page and clicking "View Full Version" for a page is stressful. Is there a way to stop or disable the mobile view? Any help would be awesome :)

2. infowarfare macrumors 6502

Really? That's stressful for you? How do you survive out in the real world if something as simple as this is "stressful" to you? Just asking...

3. macingman macrumors 68020

macingman

Get atomic web browser and change the setting for browser identification to "Desktop Safari".

4. Tech Elementz macrumors 6502

Is a simple interface becoming harder to use now a days? I always thought simplicity was always easier. Guess not.

5. androiphone macrumors 65816

can you not just bookmark the full version of the site??

ie go to the website, the mobile view loads, scroll down and click 'Full site', wait for it to load and then bookmark it

6. Daveoc64 macrumors 601

Often mobile sites remove functionality to provide "simplicity" - that's not always good.

7. pchipchip macrumors regular

If your iPod is jailbroken you can get a UAFaker SBSetting toggle that lets you toggle between safari thinking that you are on a mobile device or a desktop version.

8. wikus macrumors 68000

wikus

Use Opera, its way better. It also gives you the choice of flash. Oops, sorry thats Android. Opera should be available for iOS though, it too gives you the choice to view pages in either mobile or full site mode.

9. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

+1 for Atomic Web, fullscreen mode on it is great too.