I hate the new Yahoo! home page. Do you?

mariahlullaby

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 19, 2005
NYC
I just wanted to vent how much I hate the new Yahoo! home page. Am I the only one that finds it a massive step down from the simplicity of the original Yahoo? It takes forever to load, the whole homepage is a disorganized mess, and the colors all seep into each other. A poor job on Yahoo's part, IMO; I have my page set on the 'old' Yahoo look, but who knows how long that will hold out.

mariahlullaby

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 19, 2005
NYC
iGary said:
I've always hated Yahoo... yuck.
They're not the greatest, but I've been using Yahoo! so long I've gotten comfortable with it. But Google is certainly overshadowing them.

EricNau

Moderator emeritus
Apr 27, 2005
San Francisco, CA
iGary said:
I've always hated Yahoo... yuck.
Same here, but for curiosity's sake I decided to give it a visit. I don't like it either (it's not worse than the last one, but not better either).

It reminds me of another website, but I'm not sure which one...

EDIT: OK, it reminds me of AOL's homepage.

FredClausen

macrumors regular
Aug 7, 2006
KALM
I dislike all portal style sites, but at least now yahoo has decided to hire a graphics designer and make their portal look OK.

CEAbiscuit

macrumors 6502a
Jun 28, 2006
The Kitchen
Even though I use google most of the time, I really appreciate the fact that I can usually get my $150,000 mortgage for only $745 a month as well as my $19.99 Vonage service right off the Yahoo home page. Very convenient... :rolleyes:

brepublican

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2005
NY
It will take some getting used to. But I almost never go the main site, I've always bookmarked 'My Yahoo' and start there instead of the home page...

brepublican

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2005
NY
Oh, and to the OP, loving the '23" ADC' in your sig. I mean that thing is good :rolleyes:

Welcome to New York

mariahlullaby

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 19, 2005
NYC
brepublican said:
Oh, and to the OP, loving the '23" ADC' in your sig. I mean that thing is good :rolleyes:

Welcome to New York
Wow, I've had that typo forever...I can't believe I haven't noticed it. :eek:

puckhead193

macrumors G3
May 25, 2004
NY
....with a passion....
i wrote them feedback saying how much i think it sucked... i never got a response back:rolleyes:

Frisco

macrumors 68020
Sep 24, 2002
Utopia
Yes it sucks! It is a mess. Way too much going on. Before I visit yahoo I usually take a Xanax or two.

Plus their videos are in Windows Media Player. Reason enough to stay away.

puckhead193

macrumors G3
May 25, 2004
NY
after sept 1 i need to find a new homepage. Any ideas. I like yahoo cause i could see the top headlines, weather etc..

spicyapple

macrumors 68000
Jul 20, 2006
Yahoo.com has been my home page since 1995. I still remember when it was primarily a human-maintained directory of the best places to visit on the net. I've seen the directory slow shrink until now, it's only accessible by a search. The Yahoo I knew is now gone. I'm looking for another home page website, but for now, I guess I'm happy where I am. :)

ravenvii

macrumors 604
Mar 17, 2004
Melenkurion Skyweir
It's so hilarious how the Yahoo search results page is EXACTLY the same as Google's. It's like they quite literally took Google's code, changed the Google logo to the Yahoo logo and slapped it right up on their servers.