I hate the videos to email function...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by fuzion11, Jul 20, 2009.

1. fuzion11 macrumors 65816

fuzion11

I had the funniest video of my dog running around for a couple minutes with an oven mit on his head, thinking there was a dog cookie in there. It was absolutely hilarious.

Anyhow, I go to email my mom the video and it says "video to long, must reduce size" I was kinda bummed out from that, so anyways I trimmed the video and the trim kept on moving and resizing itself as I moved the slider....long story short....ruined the whole video and only was left with a couple seconds of it as it saved over the original.

My question is...is there a rule of thumb that when using gmail to send videos I should stop at the 1:07min mark or maybe the 2:02min mark so that way I wont have to trim anything? Anyone know the answer?

Or have some good tips regarding trimming? I don't know if I'm the only one, but I seem to have a hard time with it.

Thanks guys and gals....

James

2. GfPQqmcRKUvP macrumors 68040

GfPQqmcRKUvP

You could have just synced it to iPhoto in its entirety. I do feel for you though, I took a video the other day and accidentally trimmed it too much. Grr..

3.1 is also bringing non-destructive video editing which means you can save a copy of the original if you want.

3. AbSoluTc macrumors 68040

AbSoluTc

Upload it to the web somewhere. I use Pixel Pipe to upload videos and pictures to my Flickr account. Don't have to worry about size limitations. Pixel Pipe will also upload tons of other social sites, you just need to add them. Pretty simple and the interface is clean, easy to use. Best free program I have ever used.

Then, all you have to do is email a link :) Sorry to hear about the video though. It sounds hilarious. Non destructive editing will be a welcome addition. Not sure why on earth Apple would introduce something like videos and make it so when you edit them, it overwrites the original. Pretty dumb.

4. fuzion11 thread starter macrumors 65816

fuzion11

That sounds like a good idea....

But how exactly do you go about getting none trimmed videos over to pixelpipe from the iphone itself without first sending them to a PC through a USB cable?

5. AbSoluTc macrumors 68040

AbSoluTc

Pixel Pipe automatically lists them. It knows whats on your phone. Go install it and you will see. I just checked to make sure and yes - all my movies are listed along with my pictures. You can tag them, add captions and the like. Simple and easy interface.

6. diamond.g macrumors 603

diamond.g

7. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Since I don't have the 3GS, I didn't know that the commercials we're seeing about editing actually change the original. So, it's good 3.1 fixes that issue.