I hate the volume indicator

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by damie45, Sep 26, 2014.

1. damie45 macrumors newbie

Is there anyway to stop the volume indicator to stop from showing up in the middle of a video when u adjust it? I just hate when I'm watching a video and have to adjust the volume, it covers the whole screen and u can't see the video. So u have to rewind.

2. stuffradio macrumors 65816

You can pause it before turning it up or down.

3. Cougarcat macrumors 604

I really wish they'd fix this. It's especially irritating when playing a game.

4. macmacguy macrumors regular

Sometimes it doesn't appear, but I can't determine a pattern. Mostly happened when I tried to adjust my volume while watching Youtube videos.

5. damie45 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you Wilhelm.

I'm surprise I don't see more complains about this issue.

6. powerstrokin macrumors 6502a

powerstrokin

The first time I watched a full screen YouTube video using iOS 8 I noticed it didn't show up. I thought 'damn, awesome! finally gone!'

That was the only time it didn't show up on screen. :rolleyes::mad::mad:

7. macmacguy macrumors regular

So you should downgrade and upgrade again every time you want to watch something. This way it won't bother you anymore :D

8. sunsetblow macrumors regular

sunsetblow

This is the saddest work around.

9. Goldfrapp macrumors 601

Goldfrapp

I'm glad I'm not the only one annoyed by this. :mad:

10. powerstrokin macrumors 6502a

powerstrokin

One app I use does not show the onscreen volume indicator- OPlayer. When in fullscreen mode on my iPad at least, it doesn't show up.

Come on, Apple! Get with the program. :mad:

11. liteshow macrumors regular

it's been that way since ios7. :(

12. C DM macrumors Westmere

Yeah, with the same type of thread or two about it.

13. Tozovac macrumors 6502

Tozovac

Isn't it just utterly amazing how the ONE place that transparency would make sense functionally & aesthetically is the one place that Jony Ive's crackpot team of UI designers has not enabled transparency????? They think transparency belongs underneath programs that don't need it and sometimes results in confusion as to whether that vague red shading underneath a few words on the screen is an error or signifies something....or that the borders of OS programs need transparency which just results in a scattered mess of feedback. What is wrong with Apple ever since Steve died?

14. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Why did you bring back a 2.5 year old thread? And on a subject that has been resolved in iOS 11.

15. Tozovac macrumors 6502

Tozovac

Therapy. Makes me feel better to acknowledge openly how bad iOS UI has been since 2013's iOS7. And, the hope & a prayer that Timmy reads my particular post and it's the straw that breaks the camel's back for him to wake up and fire Jony Ive who took 4 years to fix this issue which is one of 1,000 issues he's brought when he and his team invented his lousy iOS7 UI, which bled over into poisoning not only OS but also virtually all of web design that's infatuated with too much white space and light-colored font for some inexplicable reason. :)
    --- Post Merged, Jun 15, 2017 ---
    And actually I saw this thread at the bottom of another thread I was reading. I read thru it and was compelled to reply. I didn't go hunting for it. :)

16. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Just note that reviving older threads is generally discouraged on MacRumors.

17. Tozovac macrumors 6502

Tozovac

Aha! Didn't know. OK, I appreciate the comment. Is there any area of written-unwritten courtesy rules to follow?

Thx!