I hate the way...

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by sunking101, Apr 9, 2015.

1. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

That automatic App Store updates is switched on whenever I install a new version of iOS8. There are several apps that I don't want to update because the new versions are rubbish. Therefore I have to quickly toggle the iTunes settings as soon as I've installed an iOS update. This is irritating and I almost forgot to do it with 8.3#

2. jenni122701 macrumors regular

jenni122701

My setting for Automatic App Store updates never reverts back to on when I do updates, not on my iPad Air nor my iPhone 5s either. I wonder why yours does?

3. gordon1234 macrumors 6502a

I have always had this setting turned off and it has never once switched itself on in all the years it's been available. Seems like something weird with your setup.

4. sunking101 thread starter macrumors 603

sunking101

It switches on for me with every iOS8 update. How odd that others go along unscathed.

5. ReanimationN macrumors 6502a

ReanimationN

Updated my Air 2 to 8.3 and it didn't switch itself on, which is good as I'm saving Protube 2.1 for its local video downloading ability.

6. CPx macrumors 6502

My auto-update stays switched off in iOS updates although I did have a scare today where it wasn't allowing me to update apps and so I thought it had automatically installed them. That is, in the app store updates section, instead of 'update,' the buttons said, 'open.' I verified my apps had not automatically updated though, and the problem with the buttons in the app store seemed to fix itself after a while.