I hate this

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Justo706, Jul 8, 2007.

1. Justo706 macrumors newbie

I had a brand new 8g i got on the 5th i found a dead pixel and swaped it. Just got home and took it out the new one and found a big bubble in the glass 1 or 2 pixels big. I hate life. but i am going to Ny city on friday and maybe going to try 1 more swap. I have a few questions. (1)Should i just get over it and let it be.(2) what is the best store in ny to go to(3) will they let me swap it out?

Thanks,
    Justo706

2. Brymo macrumors regular

Having a defect will allow you to swap out.

Sorry to hear. I get mine tomorrow, hoping for no problems!

3. retnuh730 macrumors regular

How about sucking it up and not whining? I mean seriously, its 1-2 pixels out of 153,000. Get over it and actually use it.

4. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

i had a stuck pixel on an iphone and exchanged it today. they were really nice about it, and gave me a new one hassle-free. unfortunately, the new one they gave me also had a stuck pixel, only in a location where it's more noticeable. i've thought about trying to exchange it again, but i'm thinking about just sucking it up. the lone pixel won't affect the operation of the phone. i can still make calls, check email, browse the web and all the things i like to do with it.

5. plumbingandtech macrumors 68000

Suck it up. It gives your iphone character.

Like steve jobs said, life is full of scratches...

6. pknz macrumors 68020

pknz

A big bubble?

1 or 2 pixels big?

7. Brymo macrumors regular

Considering I am OCD, having even on stuck pixel would drive me nuts especially paying 600 bucks.

8. retnuh730 macrumors regular

I can only imagine what his reaction will be once he gets his first scratch... some people really need to stop babying their stuff, it's meant to be used and abused.

9. Justo706 thread starter macrumors newbie

More like 3-4 when i look at it closely

10. megfilmworks macrumors 68020

megfilmworks

Would you trade in your child if it had a wart, or it fell down the stairs?
    C'mon, this is your iPhone...it's family:apple:

11. Justo706 thread starter macrumors newbie

I dont care about about scratches its a bubble in the screen that i payed 600 bucks for. Somthing that i didn't do. It came like that and it shouldn't

12. damado macrumors 6502

I wouldn't care about 1 or 2 pixels as long as they weren't near each other. Otherwise I'd exchange it.

13. retnuh730 macrumors regular

You paid 600 dollars for it and you've spent more time complaining about 2 pixels than using it. **** happens, get over it.

14. Justo706 thread starter macrumors newbie

I see scratches as age marks or like rinkles on a face it gives it personaliy and makes it unique.

15. Bubbasteve macrumors 65816

Bubbasteve

That would be easy if the item in question wasn't 5-600 dollars

Return it, you paid good money for the phone you have no reason to settle for any blemishes

16. retnuh730 macrumors regular

I do, but i just find it kind of sad that people make a big deal over 1-2 pixels that are near impossible to see anyway, instead of using it. I've had mine since the 29th and i've had zero problems with it, imagine that. Dude, there's worse things that could happen.

He's returned it what, twice now and miraculously found problems with all three of his phones, i think he just needs to take a chill pill.

17. Brymo macrumors regular

Do you have any stuck pixels?

18. retnuh730 macrumors regular

Absolutely not, but my PSP does and I said the exact same thing to those guys who complained about that, 1-2 pixels will not ruin the experiance, you have to be looking REALLY close to see the pixels at all on the phone, let alone dead ones.

19. Justo706 thread starter macrumors newbie

Once, the first one had problems with restarting its self,closing apps and had a few dead pixels

20. cire macrumors 6502

My iPhone came with a discolored area about 1/2" square. I will be returning it when my store has a replacement. I paid $600 for this phone and love it, but I don't expect such a defect.

21. retnuh730 macrumors regular

See, that's a legimate problem right there, the OP should be happy that 2 dead pixels are the only problem he has.

22. Brymo macrumors regular

Then lay off his balls about it.

My PSP had stuck pixels as well, and guess what? I notice them every single time I play and wish I took it back. Even if it cost 250.

23. Justo706 thread starter macrumors newbie

I own a pest control company that employes 300+ and if i have a customer that is unhappy with the work one of those emplyees then me the owner goes out and settles the dispute. I think apple should do the same with me. Make the customer happy. Im happy but just alittle upset with the minute problem

24. retnuh730 macrumors regular

I'm just saying that there's worst things that could have happened to his phone. Flipping out and returning it shouldnt be a gut reaction in this case. See if it fixes itself first, instead of returning it and further limiting the already meager supply of iPhones. Chill out.

25. Justo706 thread starter macrumors newbie

You must be one of those genius guys that work for apple. They would say somthing like that