i hate to ask but... (another iMac update?)

Discussion in 'iMac' started by daneoni, Apr 30, 2008.

1. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

is it feasible there'll be another iMac update this year?. In my opinion the only iMacs that got real treatment this revision were the 24 inchers with the GPU update But the 20 inchers got shafted in that aspect.

So is it plausible the iMac will get another revision this holiday season incorporating new GPUs for the 20 inch models and i suppose a legit Montevina update seeing as the current chips are OCd?

Or will there not be another update till Macworld?

Im contemplating selling my current 20" while i can still get a decent price for it (consumer machines depreciate a lot faster than pro models) but at the same time i'd rather not. I was gonna sell it if there was going to be another update this year or keep it if there were no more updates till 09

2. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Intel will have bumped the CPU's again, so I'd certainly hope they get an update in perhaps Q4 of this year.

3. daneoni thread starter macrumors G4

daneoni

4. EasyRider macrumors regular

EasyRider

It does "feel" like there will be another update this year.

5. D4F Guest

D4F

I think it will. Higher will get quad cores and lower models better screens and nVidia (or at least a option to put it in) GPU.

6. hookem12387 macrumors 6502

I dont see quad-core. Even assuming the feasibility of a laptop quad core processor and heat management is there, apple still wont want to make it that close to the single processor mac pro. When exactly is the nehalem update anyway?

7. Petoz macrumors 6502

Petoz

8 months til the end of the year. Seems possible there could be an update. Or very early 2009? I've just been waiting ages, and bought a new one on Monday. 8 Months is a long wait. Enjoy.

8. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

For the Mac Pro? 72% MacWorld '09.
    For everything else, late spring '09.

For the Mac Mini, 86% never.

9. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

10. daneoni thread starter macrumors G4

daneoni

I did look at that thread but it seems to be filled with posts mocking the OP. 8 months is a long wait

11. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

Then don't wait.

8 months is a long time in the life of a useful computer — especially if it contributes to making you a living.

Get a new iMac now and be happy. :)