I Hate To Ask, But Need Help Quick (PS3)

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by Steve Jobless, Aug 14, 2008.

1. Steve Jobless macrumors 6502

I finally got a PS3 (I had a post about a year ago asking between the ps3 and 360) and haven't posted here in a very long time.

I don't want to ask but I'm unsure for the moment.

I can buy either of these at the below price, but only one and am unsure of which to get.

1. Warhawk $5 (I'd rather wait for the update to buy)
    2. GT5:p $15 (I held off before because I thought it was a glorified demo, but GT5 is taking too long and GT5:p is constantly being updated)
    3. Burnout Paradise $5 (Greatest Hits pricing, constant updates and custom music)
    4. Black Dual Shock 3 $30 (truth be told, I'd rather get the white one but $60 is pretty expensive).

If anyone is interested I have the following games: (soon to be) Madden 09, NCAA 09, BF: Bad Company, GTA IV, CoD 4, Rainbow Six Vegas 2, MGS 4.

my PSN is akademiksjeanius if you want to add me.

Thanks

2. Chone macrumors 65816

Chone

How can you get those games so cheap?

Get all three for $25.

3. Steve Jobless thread starter macrumors 6502

all three is not an option otherwise I would have done that. I can only chose one and it' through a Best Buy deal.

4. Chone macrumors 65816

Chone

Well all games are really awesome at what they do, the only question is, what do you like best? battlefield-like games? sim racer or arcade racer? I wouldn't go with the controller, not nearly as fun as the other options :p

If it was me, I'd go with Burnout Paradise but Gran Turismo 5 Prologue looks pretty darn great, I'm not a fan of Warhawk but people say it's awesome.

5. Steve Jobless thread starter macrumors 6502

i don't have any racers at the moment, looking to get the Ferrari one when it comes out. All signs point to Burnout but I don't really like arcade games, but I'll probably get it anyways.

Side note, I need a good/cheap composite cable. I'm planning on switching to HDMI soon but this is for the short term.

6. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

Burnout is going to be a PSN download soon, as in the whole game. I would wait to see pricing on that.

GT5:p is awesome, the GTTV addition makes it all the better imo.

Why stop at the black DualShock3? I have a Black, Satin Silver, and a White :D

7. Steve Jobless thread starter macrumors 6502

I heard it's going to be 29.99 on PSN as well.

If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for your colored DS3s? If it was under 60 do you mind sharing where you got them from?

8. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

I bought them in Japan for well under $60 each. Having family/friends in Japan helps ;) Importers are usually selling at rip-off pricing.

9. Chone macrumors 65816

Chone

Wasn't shipping from Japan expensive though? or did your family come over?

10. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

For how little it weighs it is cheaper than most would think. They are usually sending other things anyways so they just stuff it in the box. Maybe $30 shipping for a shoebox sized box filled with all sorts of things.

11. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

Your debating whether to get Warhawk and Burnout Paradise for 5$ each?? Good god, buy it while you can that is such a steal! Not to mention a 30$ Black Dualshock (I have one) is a great deal as well. Go for it

12. Chone macrumors 65816

Chone

Well the catch is he can only get one and he is wondering which of those three games he should get for that awesome price.

I'm still set on Burnout but if you don't like arcade go for Gran Turismo 5 Prologue, seems fairly simple to me, Burnout is fun but nothing beats GT5 driving with a wheel.

13. evan g macrumors regular

I'd go with Warhawk, cuz its a pretty good multiplayer experience on the PS3.

14. Steve Jobless thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the help, I decided to go with Burnout and will be getting the other two sooner or later.