Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CQuedado

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 28, 2007
how do i get rid of it?!??! how come the new update for 10.5.2 get rid of it. nobody likes it and it needs to be changed!!!!!

any hlep would be greatly appreciated

HLdan

macrumors 603
Aug 22, 2007
how do i get rid of it?!??! how come the new update for 10.5.2 get rid of it. nobody likes it and it needs to be changed!!!!!

any hlep would be greatly appreciated

I third it, YOU don't like it, speak only for YOU. I like the reflective dock, it ads a nice freshness to the Leopard UI.

Osarkon

macrumors 68020
Aug 30, 2006
Wales
I don't mind either way. You can always change it to the 2D dock if you really hate it that much. There are also applications to change the dock skin.

At the end of the day, it's only a dock.

tersono

macrumors 68000
Jan 18, 2005
UK
uhm - the OS X dock has ALWAYS been translucent. Deal with it or use something else (whether operating system or dock application - there's always Adock or Dragthing) :rolleyes:

Oh, and I agree with the others - speak for yerself: it doesn't need fixing (i.e. it works - it's just that you don't like the look of it- hardly the end of the world), and plenty of folks seem to be happy with it just as it is.

wilfried

macrumors member
Jan 9, 2008
But don't you know, the whole friggin' universe is about me, and I hate it cause I have nothing better to worry about in life so everybody hates it too, and if they don't they're a lying fanboi! And OSX is totally useless with the @&*%$ dock! AND NOW I'M GONNA GET ALL HYSTERICAL AND TYPE IN ALL CAPS WITH LOTS OF EXCLAMATION POINTS!!!!!!!!!!

Ahem. I feel better now.

I found an almost transparent dock with 100% reflection, which would probably send the translucent dock naysayers into paroxysms. It looks pretty cool over a wallpaper of a water scene; it looks like the icons are reflected off the water.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.