I hate two-factor authentication

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by dayloon, Sep 20, 2017.

1. dayloon macrumors 6502

I know two-factor authentication is there for my benefit and account safety but I find it beyond annoying. It never remembers my browser logins, despite telling it to and i just find the whole thing irritating. Can i permanently disable it or is it now compulsory to use it ?

Thanks in advance.

2. Brookzy macrumors 601

Brookzy

Yes, you can, unless your Apple ID was created via iOS 10.3 or later or macOS Sierra 10.12.4 or later.

The relevant support article states:
    Keep in mind that without 2FA you cannot use some features, for example Auto Unlock.

3. tonyr6 macrumors 65816

tonyr6

I agree. Apple goes to far with this security. My bank accounts use less annoying things then this and they never got compromised.

4. mic j macrumors 68030

After Yahoo being hacked, Equifax being hacked and countless other businesses hacked due to a blasé attitude toward security, I'm quite happy that Apple, a company thatI have entrusted a lot of personal information, over does it.

5. steve23094 macrumors 68020

steve23094

I don't see why you would need to log into your account so regularly that you get asked for 2FA often enough to be annoying.