I hate windows. cant wait for my mac

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Phi143, Aug 23, 2008.

1. Phi143 macrumors newbie

Two days ago, I downloaded and installed new drivers for my video card (in vista) and it has destroyed my PC. It corrupted all 3 of my hard drives, wiped my Cmos and effectivly turned everything but my ram and my video card to garbage. it will cost me hundreds of dollars to replace my motherboard and my hard drives.:mad:

I very much look forward to buying a new Macbook this fall and sell off asmuch as i can from my PC gaming rig.:apple:

For anyone who is PC savvy and are curious,
    AMD FX, Geforce 8800 GTX, 8GB ram, 3X250 Barricuda 72000rpm HDD/s

2. Deddy macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.6; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920)

Yeah... my PC was ruined in a thunderstorm and I'm not even going to bother with it. I'm waiting to see if Apple releases those "redesigned" MacBooks and MacBook Pros this fall.

Can't wait for my MacBook Pro

3. soberbrain macrumors 65816

soberbrain

Sorry to hear about your PC issues. Good luck with your upcoming switch!

I remember when I switched. It was a very refreshing experience.

4. nick9191 macrumors 68040

I should point out that Macbooks aren't any good for gaming. Some guy on here didn't do his research and bought one. If your intending to game then you need the pro model (you can pick up a refurbished good as new Macbook Pro from Apple for barely any more than a Macbook).

http://store.apple.com/us/product/FB133LL/A

Also don't forget to wait for the next revision of both the MB and MBP coming in a few weeks.

5. CalmEnvy macrumors 6502a

Ahh that really sucks. I have a MacBook and love it but if your going to do a bit of gaming you would need the Pro model. I intend to fully switch to Mac but have to keep a PC for the next 3 years for College. I really don't feel like installing Windows on my MacBook.

6. hogfaninga macrumors 65816

hogfaninga

The refurbished low end MBP is 1,699.00. The low end brand new MB is 999.00 student price or 1,099.00 regular price. That is still a huge amount of difference. You still will pay 300.00 more for the refurb than the new Black Macbook. Maybe that isn't much to you, but to many it is especially if you look at the specs.

I do see your point. If you want to play those games that require a lot then Pro all the way.

Playing games on the Macbook isn't bad. It wasn't built with high end games in mind for it, but it does all right for a lot of the games.

7. Mackan macrumors 65816

I fail to understand how you manage to destroy your PC like that by installing a video card driver... But be assured if you go Mac, daddy Jobsness will control everything for you. ;)

8. yorkshire macrumors 6502a

yorkshire

I am in the same boat (sort of). My PC works, but it is still rubbish. I eagerly await my first mac.

9. ncooper15 macrumors newbie

new Macbook?

i am looking to get a new MB this fall as well, does anyone know if they will be redisgning the outside as well, or will it primarly be the hardware?

10. christiemp macrumors regular

christiemp

I'm getting a new macbook in the fall as well and my PC just also crashed. Haha...they know we are abandoning them ;)

11. ttech10 macrumors 6502

Yea I don't really understand how updating video drivers would cause all that to go wrong. It would seem more like he/she did something to the mobo drivers and they got screwed up, but that wouldn't really explain corrupted HDD's. Oh well though...

I just made the switch myself to Mac's and it's pretty good. I'm glad I still have a desktop PC though since there are many things I'm not able to do on the MacBook that I can on XP/Vista.

12. pensfan macrumors newbie

Windows isn't your problem :rolleyes:

13. Aranince macrumors 65816

It will mainly be the outer case as well as the insides. I'm there with you, except Macbook Pro.

14. tsice19 macrumors 6502a

tsice19

It's quite nice to have a Mac and not have to worry about all the problems associated with people who own PCs.

I have to say though, I have two dells. My Dimension 2600 (parents computer) has been running like a tank from the first day we got it (2004?).

My $300 Dell B110 that I saved up and bought a bit ago is the exact opposite and has been nothing but problems.

15. mosx macrumors 65816

Theres absolutely NO way a driver update could have done all of that. A driver update is just a small piece of software that tells Windows how to interface with the hardware.

You had something else going on. I mean, thats just impossible. Thats like saying a bird landing on the roof of my car caused it to explode.

16. ncooper15 macrumors newbie

I would go for the Macbook pro as well but I use my computer manly for internet, a little collge work music and movies. would love to get the pro, but I could do everything I want for a grand less.

17. *Sandy* macrumors 6502

I have used mac all my live, and then chose a PC for the last 8 months, just got my current macbook friday and boy am i happy.
    Happy i ddint wait for the newer macbooks if I want a new pro, i pick one up :)