Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LIVEFRMNYC

macrumors G3
Original poster
Oct 27, 2009
that banner notifications goes away to quickly. Barely enough time to read the preview. :(

adztaylor

macrumors 68000
Aug 20, 2009
Preston, UK
I think it's on there for the right amount of time IMO. I don't want it obscuring my status bar for a long time but I also don't want it to quickly disappear. As people have said that's what the notification centre for to have a longer look.

AIP5

macrumors 6502a
Aug 2, 2011
I feel the completely opposite. Mine last for too long. Once I see who its from and what it says, it needs to dismiss itself.

Seriously. I hope they have an option for how long the banner stays (2 seconds, 5 seconds, 7 seconds, etc). 2 seconds would be ideal for me.

LIVEFRMNYC

macrumors G3
Original poster
Oct 27, 2009
Seriously. I hope they have an option for how long the banner stays (2 seconds, 5 seconds, 7 seconds, etc). 2 seconds would be ideal for me.

Exactly!!!!!

The thing is if I get a banner notify, I want to think if I need to check on right away or ignore for now. It just goes away too fast for me .. Like 2 sec. I shouldn't have too use notification center right after. Notification center for me is more for use if I don't check on my iPhone for awhile or to check simple info like weather.

BLOND37

macrumors 6502a
Mar 1, 2008
my beef is two fold 1- the ones at the top.. OMG to small to see..

last too long - i have adhd- in the time it takes for me to read who's it from .. i forget what i wa doing

rioja

macrumors regular
May 19, 2008
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

AIP5 said:
I feel the completely opposite. Mine last for too long. Once I see who its from and what it says, it needs to dismiss itself.

iOS 5 is filled with this. There's too much ON or OFF without any way to adjust the feature to your liking.

The more I use it, the more I dislike it.

French

macrumors regular
Jan 13, 2011

Someone else posted this so I'm passing it on...swipe the notification banner from right to left and it will disappear.

LIVEFRMNYC

macrumors G3
Original poster
Oct 27, 2009
iOS 5 is filled with this. There's too much ON or OFF without any way to adjust the feature to your liking.

That's true, more fine adjustments for some settings should be available rather than just on & off.

kp891

macrumors newbie
Oct 17, 2011
Notification centre

I hate notification centre. I think Apple should change the whole notification system. I don't like it, that wasn't innovating it was just plain copying. They should make it something like the Lion OS X dashboard and instead of showing widgets they can show notifications. Just my opinion though.

Thetonyk123

macrumors 68000
Aug 14, 2011
Earth
I hate the lockscreen notifications..

I agree the lockscreen is not that good. Apple should think about improving it in iOS 5.1 or iOS 5.2. It would work better also if when you unlock it they stay there until you get to them from either when your unlocked or locked.

----------

You can swipe them away (to the side, maybe to the top).

I can't?? I'm using the iPod touch 4th generation.

----------

Odd I haven't had any issues with Photostream. You guys are aware that it only uploads when connected to wifi, right?

That makes it pretty much worthless.

----------

That's what notification centre's for.

I don't feel like dragging my finger down.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.