I have 1.1.1 JB touch what changes if 1.1.2 or even 1.1.3????

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by copperz, Feb 5, 2008.

1. copperz macrumors member

copperz

I have my ipod JB and its running 1.1.1... I am very happy with it. There are no problems with it so far and i been using it for a few weeks. I have the maps,e-mail,notes, weather, stocks, apollo, calander, i radio, sip viop and customize. All work great!

So I wanted to know what changes in the updates?? More features? Looks differnt? Please someone let me know!

2. thesdx macrumors 6502a

In 1.1.2, the ability to add calendar events was unlocked. 1.1.3 offers nothing except the ability to purchase the $20 upgrade. I'd say stick with 1.1.1.

3. copperz thread starter macrumors member

copperz

I can add calander events in 1.1.1 :cool:

4. copperz thread starter macrumors member

copperz

5. Kynro macrumors newbie

If you JB to 1.1.3 you can use the updated version of Summerboard, that's about it as far as I know.

6. Slip macrumors 6502a

Slip

Middle of the road's best in my experience with the current jailbreak, 1.1.2 ftw.
    1.1.2 adds a lot of bug fixes and stability over 1.1.1 and also it's the only one I could get Customize to work with (1.1.1 was no game when I tried). However, that said, if you are happy and comfortable with 1.1.1 then stay there, it's a free country :)

7. Vigilante macrumors 6502a

Vigilante

Yea, there is little to no benefit of upgrading to 1.1.2 if your 1.1.1 is running fine. There is no benefit of upgrading to 1.1.3 at all, unless you want to pay money for wiggling icons.

8. bdsmyth macrumors regular

1.1.3 offers two things that previous versions didn't.

Firstly, and sorely missed is the lyrics function. If like many people you download podcasts or radio shows online and use the lyrics function of itunes to keep track of what's on them, or even if like others you like to have all the lyrics of your songs on your ipod then this is an absolute must have. This alone is a reason to upgrade.

Second, is the updated summer board (download it through installer) with its funky wiggle feature that at last allows you to setup your icons in as many screens and in whatever order you want. Totally cool.

9. mavis macrumors 68040

mavis

Agreed, 100%

So many people complaining about the lack of lyrics suport in 1.1.1 and 1.1.2, and now that it's finally here in 1.1.3 everyone seems to overlook that fact when they tell people not to upgrade. :rolleyes:

Love the lyrics. That alone is reason enough to upgrade.

10. efedor macrumors regular

It all depends on what you want out of it. I had a 1.1.1 jb for months then I went to the dark side and bought the 1.1.3 upgrade and i'm happy. I will admit that the internet connection via wifi is faster than the 1.1.1 it is noticeable but if you want fun stuff to play with stick with the 1.1.1

11. copperz thread starter macrumors member

copperz

12. grandeabc macrumors member

grandeabc

Well, I have 1.1.1 and Customize works. I can move the icons wherever I want. But, it was not working for the first tim. I needed to open the Customize for 3 or 4 times for it stars to work, well it does.:eek:

13. grandeabc macrumors member

grandeabc

You can install Lyrics.app through installer. It comes from Moyashi's source. And the great news is that you can retrieve lyrics from different sites as amazon, ... Once in the program, you have a arrow to link to the MobileMusic.