I have 100gbs in music, Best app to Stream my music from the computer?

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by mrkiki911, Jun 6, 2010.

1. mrkiki911 macrumors newbie

I am looking for an app that will allow me to access my music library (the 100gb+ music folder on my computer).

Search function and so on would be great. Something like a portable winamp.

I am already using air video for my video library, I am looking for something similar for my music library.

Also, I am using windows 7.

2. Nipz macrumors 65816

Nipz

Can I be the first to say "100GB"!!!! How the hell you got so much? You a DJ or something?

Would also like to find an app but I'm a Mac man :)

3. jpetitpierre macrumors newbie

4. mrkiki911 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes, I do weddings and small parties. All most all of them are 320kbps or FLAC.

I do use iteleport for remote desktop, but i am really looking for an app that is meant for music. Something that has ID3 search and album covers. I would like to be able to search by album/title/artist.

5. ckr4282 macrumors member

6. Mshilling macrumors regular

I had the same problem and set up ampache. It's a streaming server you run yourself and they even have an iphone app!

It uses a mysql database to manage the libraries and can handle huge libraries with no problem. My library of 500gb is no problem for it.

7. tbmx macrumors newbie

Give Subsonic a shot. Tons of features, streams to pretty much anything via app or web browser. Couple with DynDNS, it's pretty hard to beat.