Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mrkiki911

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 9, 2005
dsfds
I am looking for an app that will allow me to access my music library (the 100gb+ music folder on my computer).

Search function and so on would be great. Something like a portable winamp.

I am already using air video for my video library, I am looking for something similar for my music library.

Also, I am using windows 7.

Nipz

macrumors 65816
Nov 1, 2006
UK
Can I be the first to say "100GB"!!!! How the hell you got so much? You a DJ or something?

Would also like to find an app but I'm a Mac man :)

mrkiki911

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 9, 2005
dsfds
Can I be the first to say "100GB"!!!! How the hell you got so much? You a DJ or something?

Would also like to find an app but I'm a Mac man :)

Yes, I do weddings and small parties. All most all of them are 320kbps or FLAC.

I do use iteleport for remote desktop, but i am really looking for an app that is meant for music. Something that has ID3 search and album covers. I would like to be able to search by album/title/artist.

Mshilling

macrumors regular
Apr 30, 2010
I had the same problem and set up ampache. It's a streaming server you run yourself and they even have an iphone app!

It uses a mysql database to manage the libraries and can handle huge libraries with no problem. My library of 500gb is no problem for it.

tbmx

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2006

Give Subsonic a shot. Tons of features, streams to pretty much anything via app or web browser. Couple with DynDNS, it's pretty hard to beat.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.