I have 2 Reservations - Can I sell one?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lionsandwings, Jun 20, 2010.

1. lionsandwings macrumors newbie

This will by my first iPhone and I am a new customer to AT&T, I have two reservations (with two separate Apple ID's) at my local Apple store for launch day with the intent of signing up for the family plan with AT&T for both my wife and I.

My wife is unsure if she wants the new phone and I was thinking of buying her a used iPhone 3GS with no contract instead of the new iPhone 4.

Can I purchase one of the iPhone 4's with a contract at $199 and purchase the other for $599 with no contract and sell the no contract phone?

I'm just trying to understand my options, I assume I can also just cancel one of the pre-orders (or not pick up one of them) and they will gladly sell the phone to someone else on the 25th.

2. scwinsett macrumors 6502a

scwinsett

You would regret that when you have few people to FaceTime with. Your wife is the perfect FaceTime mate

3. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

Mine will arrive via FedEx from ATT on the 24th and I also preordered at Apple and got a reservation but I never though to make money on it, just to use as insurance in case ATT screws up. I am just not going to pick up and someone will be very happy the next day when they put it on sale

4. Hellishness macrumors 65816

Hellishness

You can probably sell it for over a thousand, if you want to.

5. Fazzl macrumors 6502a

Fazzl

I ordered one from apple.com which will arive on 24. I also reserved at apple store for 24th. Can I buy one with no contract at apple store and resell?