Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

moobles

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 2, 2008
I'm a big fan of super monkey Ball, and I'm really interested in spore. But I hear mixed things about monkey Ball (know that I like really hard games).

I already have Toy Bot Diaries.

I'm also interested in De Blob. What should I buy? Any combination of things that add up to $20.

Also, are there any good free games out there?

wildcardd

macrumors 6502a
Mar 26, 2007
Denver, CO
If you like strategy...Galcon. Now 4.99. It is my favorite iPhone game right now.

It has multiplayer as well so when you get tired of beating up on the computer..you can come beat up on us ;)

NT1440

macrumors G5
May 18, 2008
spore seems like one of those really good, can pick up and play anytime your bored games.

Strategy

macrumors member
Jul 13, 2008

Aurora Feint
Fuzzle (Havnt played this yet, looks good)

Games to buy:
Dizzy Bee
Critter Crunch
Chopper
Diner Dash
If you like poker, get hold em for sure and Motion X Poker is really good
Enigmo
Galcon

Not sure what the total is of all those, I just opened up my app catalog and picked the good games.

Amt

macrumors regular
Aug 19, 2008
De Blob and Super Monkey Ball are both great choices. So are Galcon and Star Wars The Force Unleashed, though. I've got a review on Super Monkey Ball and Star Wars The Force Unleashed on the link in my sig, if you want to read a review before buying them.

TheZimm

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2008
I'm a big fan of super monkey Ball, and I'm really interested in spore. But I hear mixed things about monkey Ball (know that I like really hard games).

I already have Toy Bot Diaries.

I'm also interested in De Blob. What should I buy? Any combination of things that add up to $20.

X-Plane, theres gunna be many updates to make it better. its 9.99

spyker3292

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2005
Michigan
My favorites:
-Asphalt 4 (But who knows, Need For Speed could be cooler)
-X-Plane
-Galcon
-Line Rider

Free:
-Fuzzle (for a limited time)
-Aurora Feint
-Cube Runner
-Tap Tap Revenge

musicpenguy

macrumors 68000
Oct 29, 2006
If you buy just one game - make it Trism - this game is SO ADDICTIVE - this is simply the greatest game to hit the iPhone - Spore is also really good - so is the Apple Poker Game - but Trism is where it is at!

SMB is also great but yes pick up Trism - simply great!

slidetounlock

macrumors regular
Aug 12, 2008
I just had $20 I got Real Soccer (just awesome) and I got Spore. I have Crash, Cro Mag, Trsim, Chopper, Labrynth, de Blob(very fun). Anyone of those I recommend! I am waiting for Need For Speed and Tiger Woods from EA.

mcdj

macrumors G3
Jul 10, 2007
NYC
When I think of a great game for the phone, I think of something that will never leave my side. Many of the above mentioned games have finite gameplay. Once you get through all the levels of Super Monkey Blob, how many more times are you gonna play it?

I do have Super Money Pouch, but I rarely play it. I need something I can pick up and put down on a whim.

For my money, 2 Across crosswords is a game for life.

Maybe I'm just old.

rKunda

macrumors 68000
Jul 14, 2008
Bump for Galcon.

I've spent way too much on games that are... neat, but aren't really fun. Galcon is fantastic.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.