I have $2000 need your help

Discussion in 'iMac' started by enrodrehern, Dec 14, 2010.

1. enrodrehern macrumors newbie

Hi guys, I want to buy an iMac, the one im looking at is the 27-inch: 3.2GHz with a Corei3. The total amount comes to $1860 which is perfect. My question to you guys is what do you think about this Corei3. Is it good enough? I wont be doing any major gaming or anything like that. I would like your opinions and suggestions since I'm new to this mac world. My main concern is the processor, but I for sure want a 27 inch monitor. :p Thank you

2. simsaladimbamba

3. enrodrehern thread starter macrumors newbie

thank you sim sala, but my question is are all those refurbished like new or have any warranty like whats wrong with those items? im sorry about all the noob questions. and really i wont do like any intensive gaming and stuff but would still like something powerful

4. MonkeySee.... macrumors 68040

MonkeySee....

I have the bottom line model corei3 on the 21.5"

My only issue with it so far is that its a bit jittery scrolling "events" in iPhoto. Not a major issue but a bit dissapointing that it can't handle it.

5. simsaladimbamba

They have been returned by the buyer within the first two weeks or have had a defect and the previous owner got a replacement. Then the Macs get properly repaired and are sold as refurbished, they have a one year warranty and one can buy Apple Care for them to have an additional two years of warranty after the first year. There are like any other Mac, just they got a thorough check and repair.

6. enrodrehern thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks to both of you sincerely for taking the time i am looking at a refurb i5 27 inch and might go for that!!!;)

7. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

refurbs are great. Only downside is you don't get the pretty box!

8. enrodrehern thread starter macrumors newbie

as far as quantity goes..theres only a few available? i have to check the refurbished site everyday? my 2k will come in to my bank in 2 days

9. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

You can use Refurb.Me, they offer various notifications when the product you're looking for is back in stock

10. tc3jg macrumors member

I did and I love mine. Some how I produced a 667mb PDF file on this thing in photo shop with about 3 minutes of waiting I thought that was pretty awesome. NO ram modifications and I have the 2.66 ghz i5.

11. zerostar macrumors regular

We have 6 Refub iMacs here at the office, ALL 6 were Refubs and never once had a problem. Some are 20" older Intel units and mine is the i5 27" bad boy, screen is crazy-big and its very-very fast.

If I was you I'd save some of that $$ for a nice SSD :)