i have 2300, have some specific needs

Discussion in 'iMac' started by iperson21, Jun 17, 2010.

1. iperson21 macrumors regular

how should i manage everything?
    i have 2300 to spend, and want a xbox 360, ipad, imac and ipod touch
    i defenitly need a 32gb ipod touch cuz i have alot of music+media in my iunes...
    i saw the new xbox 360 slim, which is 300$
    i dont want the 27" imac, cuz its too big.
    i also saw that you can use an easycap + easycapviewer to play yellow, white, and red things on your screen... i dont mind not being able to play in hd... i can use s-video which is better than the yellow, white, red i think
    so how do i manage?:apple::apple::apple::apple::apple:

2. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

Well it depends what you want to do with your mac?

3. Vylen macrumors 65816

for someone with specific needs, we have no idea what you want :p

4. TMRaven macrumors 68020

TMRaven

sounds like you're wanting to play the xbox360 on your iMac? if so, you can get either get a minidisplay port to hdmi converter or eyetv hd/hauppauge hd pvr to record as well. If you want to record without lag, you'd need at leas 8gigs of ram in the iMac.

5. Davey87 macrumors newbie

You spelt 'special' wrong.

6. hundert macrumors regular

hundert

cmon 27 is not too big. I wish it were bigger.

It is exactly what you want to have in your room. The screen is perfect. You will get used to it after a couple of days and you will never want to go back.

Amazing how people don't want a 2560x1440 screen. We payed 2000 dollas just a year ago to get a monitor like that and there was no CPU built in. Just a monitor. The yellow tingle and other problems with the screen of course must hold you back.

7. BerGaur macrumors regular

BerGaur

has anyone tried easycap. does it work? because I had the same kind of idea. I use an iMac as my TV and have watched all movies and TV shows on the net or as downloads. I really would like to get forza three and four though. So I first need to know if it is possable to plug an xbox 360 on an iMac and the only thing that looks like it would work is that Easycap Audio/Video/sVideo to USB converter thing. I have serious doubts that would actually work without serious problems though.

8. btbrossard, Jun 26, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2012

btbrossard macrumors 6502a

Lag is going to be the biggest problem with using that to play video games on your iMac's screen.

The pre thunderbolt 27" iMac was better suited for this as you could connect the game console without a converter box (using the mini display port and an HDMI adapter).

EDIT - Whoops, how did this thread come back? I looked at the posting date but not the year.

9. kfscoll macrumors 65816

kfscoll

Wow, way to bring a 2+ year old thread back from the dead!

10. BerGaur macrumors regular

BerGaur

The display port will work as an input? I thought it was only an output for hooking your iMac up to an HD TV. I have a 2008/2009* 21" iMac, and it does have that "HDMI" display port.

* I bought it in 2008, but my keyboard says 2009 on the bottom of it.
     It is wierd looking, but on the box my iMac came in claims it is an HDMI display port.