I have 36k songs...no iMatch?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by bobsbarricades, Jan 3, 2012.

1. bobsbarricades macrumors regular

Any solutions? I've digitized hundreds of CDs from my collection and..well I wanna try iMatch. Are there any elegant solutions? Any file fappery to be done?

2. rocknblogger macrumors 68020

rocknblogger

As of now your only option is to remove the 10k or so songs from iTunes so you could match the remainder.

Then I'm not sure what would happen if after you match the 25k, remove another 10k and add the original 10k. I would assume that the 25k is a hard limit but you never know.

Let us know if you decide to try :D

3. bobsbarricades thread starter macrumors regular

O wait, I can remove without deleting! Will that be good enough? Thou I havnt the faintest what to remove...

Do you think they'll up it down the road?

4. rocknblogger macrumors 68020

rocknblogger

Pardon the rely in my reply. For some reason I don't get notifications sometimes from my subscriptions.

I couldn't tell you if they'll increase the amount of allowed songs but I think I wouldn't count on it. Might even be in the agreement between Apple and the record industry.

Rather than trying to figure out what to remove, just highlight from the bottom until you hit 10K. Or if you keep track of what you listen to most, create smart playlists. Or create a playlist to show you all songs above 256 kbps and remove those. Remember that if you have a 320kbps song it will be converted to 256 kpbs in the cloud. Or at least that's what people have been saying. I'm not sure because I have 320kpbs songs in iCloud.

Anyway, hope that helps.