I have 4.3.3 but need to restore (without shsh) HELP!

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by brinycbri, Oct 15, 2011.

1. brinycbri macrumors 6502a

I sold my iphone over ebay, and currently am jailbroken with 4.3.3. I can't just clear all data because it gets stuck, so how do I restore with the same firmware without updating to 5.0?

I didn't save my SHSH. Thank you so much

2. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

Without SHSH, you are SOL. However, I believe Apple still signs 4.3.5 where you can restore it to that firmware.

3. iPhone 7 macrumors member

Why do people always ask how to restore to lower firmwares while saying they don't have have the SHSHs for it? What good are SHSHs if you can find some other way to restore it to an older firmware without them?

4. budgynana macrumors member

iFaith is your only option/chance to do this. You'll have to read up on it... but the principle of it is it grabs the SHSH blob directly from your phone so you don't need to rely on Apple, i.e. if your phone is on 4.3.3. it'd get you your 4.3.3. blob no matter what Apple are currently signing.

5. kuwxman macrumors 6502

kuwxman

Same boat. Blob WAS saved, but doesn't show up. Been trying a lot of different things but keep getting a (1) error.

6. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

If you save it with TU it should show up. Open TU and click on "log" tab and see what it said. As of today, Apple is no longer signing 4.3.5.

7. kvizzel macrumors 6502a

8. kuwxman macrumors 6502

kuwxman

Thanks. I'll give it a shot later. *cheers*