I have a bent iphone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bjb.butler, Oct 22, 2014.

1. bjb.butler macrumors 6502a

bjb.butler

With all the threads out there, I decided to take my phone out of the leather case and look at it. No pics, because it's my only camera. It's definitely bent near the volume rocker area.

My question is -- should I even care? Seriously... It's always in the case, and I can't notice it. Further, because I don't even know what caused it, I have this feeling that it'll just happen again.

Is there any reason I should get it exchanged? e.g. it'll mess up components inside, etc.

2. jsmith189 macrumors 65816

jsmith189

I mean, I guess there's a possibility that since it bent it may have damaged something internally. But if it's working fine and you don't really care that it's bent, as long as you take accountability for not raising it earlier if it DOES mess up at a later date, then it's all just about whether you care enough to go through the process of trying to get it replaced.

3. techiebug macrumors 6502a

Now that you know that it bent. Every time you use it you will think about the bent.

4. kingofwale macrumors 6502a

kingofwale

should you care that your $800-1000 dollars device is bent within first month into its 2 year life-span??

I don't know, that's up to you. I'm sure it will stop bending further. ;)

5. teknikal90 macrumors 68030

teknikal90

if you have apple care + dont do it. wait until something else bothers you then do it.

6. wxman2003 Suspended

7. bjb.butler thread starter macrumors 6502a

bjb.butler

But who's to say the next one won't bend too? I don't want to get into a cycle of going to the Apple Store every few weeks. I don't believe there's a "bad batch" like some people say. I think they're all susceptible to bending

8. BvizioN macrumors 601

BvizioN

Sure they are. They all magically bend without using any force on them.

Every single one of them :rolleyes:

9. flyinmac macrumors 68030

flyinmac

And here we go... knew someone would have to try and start the battle... Let it be...

10. bjb.butler thread starter macrumors 6502a

bjb.butler

Did I say that?

11. vkxpmoroeyg macrumors newbie

12. flyinmac macrumors 68030

flyinmac

I'd say to original poster, totally up to you. The fact that it bent already in your normal usage, means it is likely that the next one will as well unless you either change your normal routine and treat it like a delicate baby, or at minimum put it into some super strong case.

I've read / seen posts where people had them in cases and the cases weren't enough to prevent the phone from bending either. So, you'd probably want a case that is strong enough to withstand bending on it's own to protect the phone if you do get it exchanged.

13. Smartass macrumors 6502a

take it back to Apple and dont waste time with replying to comments from people that believe that iPhone is indestructible and flawless;)

14. saab9573 macrumors 6502

saab9573