I have a BIG emergency!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by JaredAndrew, Jan 1, 2010.

1. JaredAndrew macrumors newbie

Okay guys and Gals!

I have the 2G ipod touch. Well I had the original software. So I decided to update... Pretty good idea! So I bought the upgrade. Then I decide to JB my ipod. Pretty good idea! Or so I freakin thought! It hasn't worked right ever since then. Real choppy. So what do I do? like a moron... I decide to restore my ipod. without checking to make sure that it will work right!

I used BlackRa1n to JB my ipod. ever since I restored it. it will never go back to the home page. It just stays on that silver apple like after a restart.

Then it will flash real quick like its going to the home page. Then it starts the restart all over again. just keeps doing that... This thing is ALL I have... well... pretty much. I had to barrow this Pc to get help.

anyone know what the problem and solution is? or am I screwed?

2. tremlock macrumors 6502a

tremlock

3. JaredAndrew thread starter macrumors newbie

how do I go into recovery mode?

4. pilotrtc macrumors regular

5. Creative One macrumors 6502

Creative One

Since there have been countless threads on this exact question, the forum search button would have gotten your problem fixed a lot sooner.

~

6. byulasfjazz macrumors regular

byulasfjazz

Had that happen to me about a year ago scared me to death .. I must worked on it for 24 hours.. What I did was the following...

Hooked the iPod to the computer
    ran the JB program again
    it starts to reboot
    when you see the icon of the iPod cord connecting to iTunes unplugg it at that precise moment... that picture will remain on the screen.. That is what you want! Then reconnect it to the computer and do a restore thru I tunes again

and bam it worked.. Good luck