I have a cold! =p

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by motulist, Feb 13, 2010.

1. motulist macrumors 601

motulist

I'm sneezing, my nose is shnotzing like crazy, and then it alternates to being stuffed up like it's been caulked, and I've been tired all day. This is NOT how I was hoping my saturday would be spent.

2. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

3. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

4. motulist thread starter macrumors 601

motulist

Ah, the classics. Yet, we can put a man on the moon, but we still cant cure the common cold! (just kiddin). But regarding the aspirin, I'm under the impression that that'll actually reduce your body's ability to fight an infection. The fever reaction is one of the body's main defense for fighting off a cold. By raising your body temperature, you put your body temp above the temp where most infectious agents' enzymes operate optimally, so it helps your body get rid of the infection more easily. So taking aspirin to lower your fever theoretically should actually make it more difficult to get over your sickness. I've never seen any studies on this, so it could definitely be untrue, but that's the impression that me and the rest of my sciencey friends and family believe.

5. motulist thread starter macrumors 601

motulist

That's probably a good idea. I've been surfing all day as a distraction, but it's getting boring at this point after doing it all day.

6. anjinha macrumors 604

anjinha

You could be right, the last time I had a bad cold my doctor told me to avoid taking aspirin unless I felt really, really lousy.

7. toolbox macrumors 68020

toolbox

Defiantly plenty of fluids and some rest.

I was very fortunate to get through all of 2009 with out a cold! or flu Nice.

8. mattwolfmatt macrumors 65816

mattwolfmatt

Hmm, as a fairly new person to "Community Discussion", I'm surprised how much like facebook this is.