I have a confession to make [I like OS X]

Discussion in 'Mac mini' started by s2k, Sep 24, 2010.

1. s2k macrumors newbie

i bought my first mac (mini) couple weeks ago and i have to admit, i kinda like os x

moving from a core 2 quad 8gb pc to a core 2 duo 2gb kinda sucks though, but i just upgraded to 8gb ram so hopefully it'll run ok

2. No1nfoProvided macrumors 6502

haha nice. why did u decide to buy a mac mini instead of an imac? i feel like the imac is probably the best bang for its buck outta all the macs.

3. MattA macrumors 6502

MattA

he probably already has a killer monitor. Why buy something you already have?

4. R94N macrumors 68020

R94N

Good for you! I like the dock and the different ways you can switch applications.

5. Armendegga macrumors regular

I too have switched over as of about 4 months ago, and I love it. I too added 8GB ram. Overkill I know, but it was a pretty good price on sale, so it was hard to pass up! I was able to get a cheap 24" monitor that I hooked the mini up to... So far it has been great!! OSX works pretty flawlessly, and I haven't come across any real issues. I am definitely glad that I made the purchase, and more than likely will not buy another PC again... :)

6. s2k thread starter macrumors newbie

reason why i got the mac mini is because it's the cheapest mac, i'm not at all familiar with mac osx but since i work in IT i figure i better get familiarize with it, so i bought one

and also because i already have 3 22" monitors in my possession, theyre not in anyway "killer" monitors but theyre ok lol, and the mac mini is very portable!

i had to upgrade to 8gb ram because i run multiple virtual machines so the more ram the better

my pc is now more or less a file server since i have a 3TB raid5 attached to it

7. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

You are the consumer the Mini was originally designed for: the switcher. Be careful...it's a gateway computer and the start of an addiction you will need to feed with ever more powerful Macs. :apple:

8. CaoCao macrumors 6502a

very portable is an understatement, my 8th grade English teacher brought her's to school in a purse

9. gabicava83 macrumors regular

How many multiple VM's are you running and what are you using if you don't mind? I am trying to decide between a mini and a pro.

Thanks,

10. ThinIce macrumors member

Congratulations on the switch. I am proud to say that I have never owned a PC, even during the not so great years. The worst mac's have always been better than the best PC's, but thats just my opinion.

11. s2k thread starter macrumors newbie

i'm using vmware fusion, with anywhere from 1-3 instances going and 1-2GB of ram allocated to each

12. AbSoluTc macrumors 68040

AbSoluTc

This is why I bought mine a few weeks back as well. So far, I love it. I am still not 100% switched over. It's a learning machine for me right now.