I have a design but no content, ideas wanted.

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by Lo Aul, Oct 6, 2008.

1. Lo Aul macrumors member

I have a domain name left over from my old band (we are broken up permanently). I decided that I would put the domain to use by making a new design for it, but I have no idea what I could use the webspace for. I guess I could do a blog, but I was hoping to come up with something innovative or interesting.

The design is at: http://consistencymachine.com

Does anybody have any cool ideas for content?

2. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

3. larapumkin macrumors regular

4. MCRunning macrumors 6502

Good luck with that.

How about BANS? Can go pretty much with any domain.

5. inigel macrumors regular

inigel

Start a new band? Consistency Machine sounds like a cool name to cover pretty much anything.

6. design-is macrumors 65816

design-is

How about some crazy sort of geeky mathematics theory site which strives for consistency throughout the universe?

Can you help perfect the Consistency Machine?

lol :D

7. SrWebDeveloper macrumors 68000

SrWebDeveloper

I got it...

Make it a political forum or aggregate blog site where people talk about how current and previous administrations, congress and entire executive branch of the US system of government is affecting us. How the "machine" of government "consistently" we're all trapped within causes such suffering, especially recently with the credit crunch, banking system and bailout plan.

A central repository of blogs or forum topics where people join, state their views about government, the ultimate "consistency machine".

And when times are good, the name still works!

-jim

8. stndn macrumors member

This project will take forever to complete:

List all the machines, hardwares, tools, objects, or whatever you can think of (will refer to them all as 'machines' from now on).

For each of the machine, list their history, how they came about, how they went through revisions, what changed, etc. And if any of the machine died (no longer produced/used/etc), tell the story about how it ended.

Once they're all listed, make a comparison chart of which machine (from each category) is the most consistent (going through the least amount of changes over the longest period). Make it a winner.

Start with one category - keyboards, for example (going from x keys to 104 keys to some multimedia keys to some keyboard without printscreen, etc).

This project is much simpler:

Make a page where people post their plans or resolutions for the year, have them update the plans/resolutions regarding how consistent they are in achieving their goals.

(Hey, people are 'machines', too :p -- we work too hard)

Others? Dunno .. I still have plenty of domains that I could use but never came up with ideas to match the domains..

-stndn.

9. SrWebDeveloper macrumors 68000

SrWebDeveloper

On that concept, could be a history of the PC - although technically the only consistency has been "plastic". heh.

-jim

10. lofight macrumors 68000

lofight

Normally you start with content or a design and then make a design. Now that you've made your first design make others and improve and maybe even get money for it..

11. ncmason macrumors regular

ncmason

Design your site based on what the content is. Not the other way around.

To start thinking about ideas, first ask yourself "what am I good at?"

Write down several things you are good at. Then think about how to teach other people what you know. Done.

(Ex. Let's say you are good at music, like you say, make a forum for musicians (types, age, location), or make a blog where you post videos or notes about a certain song, and how to play it). If you have the knowledge, put it to use man.

- Mason