I have a different issue with custom Ringtones than most...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by boss1, Sep 29, 2007.

1. boss1 macrumors 6502a

boss1

well at least I think I'm in the minority with my issue.

Truth is I could really care less for song ringtones. I don't have issues with anyone who wants a Fergie or a Beatles ringtone, but I personally don't want Jay Z to start singing when my phone rings at work, or anywhere for that matter.

What I do care about is the variety of normal sounding ringtones. Understandably we can't expect Apple to provide us with a variety of normal sounding ringtones that would suit every person and their own tastes.

I don't like most of the ringtones on the phone, the only one that comes close to acceptable (for me) is sonar.

SO this is why I like the custom ringtone option. There are hundreds of Normal sounding ringtones floating around on the internet NONE of which require royalty payments to SONY BMG or Universal.

Apple (trying to compromise with the entities that be) pretty much locked down the whole customization thing completely! and took down all those who care little for the Label dispute or their .99 cent greed with it.

2. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

3. boss1 thread starter macrumors 6502a

boss1

4. cyclingplatypus macrumors 6502a

cyclingplatypus

5. BlackMR2 macrumors newbie

well boss i'd suggest an old sounding rotary dial phone high pitched ring for you. It would get a few funny looks

6. technicolor macrumors 68000

technicolor

Agreed. There are plenty of sounds to use that are not illegal that people could use and its a shame you can't use them.

7. KittyToy macrumors 6502

KittyToy

well i guess if you wait long enough someone will find a way to do this....if there is a way!

8. jecapaga macrumors 601

jecapaga

Yes, AMEN!!! Man this is just frustrating as hell to not be able to put a TONE on this phone that is both appealing to me and is loud. Like you I have no interest in Jay Z going off.

9. megfilmworks macrumors 68020

megfilmworks

Hopefully Apple will gives us an option for our own ringtones. But I'm not holding my breath.