Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dan7592

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 15, 2007
My father passed away a few days ago and me and him both had imacs. I am living with a family member right now and I do not know what to do with his imac. His was the new brushed metal imac and mine is a white Imac. What should I do with the other Imac?

spork183

macrumors 6502a
Jul 30, 2006
His becomes yours and yours either goes to a family member or sell it and put the money into his estate. I'm sure your dad would want you to have his.

One thing is to make sure you don't step on the toes of other family members. A computer isn't worth having family issues over, especially not at a time like this.

Sorry about your dad. Keep your chin up.

ClassicBean

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2004
Torontoland
Sorry for your loss. If you're not hard-pressed for cash, and assuming nobody in the family needs it, perhaps sell your Dad's iMac and donate the money to a charity related to his health.

Just a thought.

dan7592

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 15, 2007
Thank you for your condolences. I am going to keep the Imac. My dad also had a 160 gigabyte ipod classic and I have a 80 gig classic and I do not know what to do with his 160 gig classic.

spork183

macrumors 6502a
Jul 30, 2006
Thank you for your condolences. I am going to keep the Imac. My dad also had a 160 gigabyte ipod classic and I have a 80 gig classic and I do not know what to do with his 160 gig classic.

assuming from your responses that these are yours to do with as you wish, I'd keep the 160, sell the 80, sell the white imac, and buy a 16gb ipod touch.

before you do anything though, give it a few days to settle down and make sure you know what YOU want to do.

dan7592

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 15, 2007
I kind of want an iphone because I just got a cell phone plan with at&t. I will just wait because it is too early to do anything just yet.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.