I have a few jailbreak questions.

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by jkh1196, Apr 7, 2012.

1. jkh1196 macrumors newbie

I'm new to this jail breaking thing.

What is a good jailbreak method that will gain me access to the Cydia app store? I have a Mac, so it needs to be compatible.
    If I unjailbreak it, will Apple store employees be able to tell it was at one time jailbroken?
    Can I still do all the normal functions and apps my iPhone has, like iCloud and such?
    I have a 4S running iOS 5.1. Please help me in as simple of a way as possible. I'm not amazing with my tech.

2. 0m3ga macrumors 6502

You are on a new 4s with 5.1 -

you can not jailbreak, as there is no public jailbreak for A5 chipped devices on 5.1. Sorry.

3. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

Patience is a virtue.

One will be along in no time.....hopefully !

4. Maverik3 macrumors 6502

Even though you cannot jail break yet... To answer your question absinthe is a good one to do it with (atleast for 5.0.1) and apple techs cannot tell if you ever had it jail broken if you restore it before you show it to them. And also yes jail breaking effects nothing on your iPhone such as other apps... The only thing that jail breaking does is it allows you to access cydia to download apps, tweaks, ex. From 3rd parties.:cool:

5. labman macrumors 604

labman

what is the point of bringing up absinthe since that is 5.0 and 5.0.1 A5 device only. btw if you restore your phone they can't tell on any jailbreak not just absinthe. I'm going on my 4th year of jailbreaking and a few trips to the Apple store.

6. cclloyd macrumors 68000

cclloyd

Couldn't he restore to 5.0.1 if he can find a download for the SHSH blob?

7. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

He has to have his own saved but those don't work for A5 devices anyway. There might be a method to downgrade in the future so it's a good idea to save them just in case.

8. BiggAW macrumors 68020

They need to do one soon, as the iPad doesn't currently have a JB.

9. labman macrumors 604

labman

I'll call musclenerd and pod2g and tell them to get on it now! they should have it done by dinner tomorrow.

10. BiggAW macrumors 68020

I'm sure they have their reasons for not releasing. We can be pretty sure they privately have exploits and JBs running on these things. There is a huge need for that JB, but they will release it when it's time.