I have a giftcard for $199

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by djshott, Jun 23, 2009.

1. djshott macrumors newbie

I don't have AT&T, and I can't get their service without paying a decent deposit. I won a gift card for $199 redeemable for the iPhone 3G S. But is there any way to actually get the phone through Apple or AT&T? Any tricks/work-arounds?

2. r6girl Administrator/Editor

r6girl

Staff Member

Is it an AT&T gift card or an Apple gift card?

You can buy an iPhone from either AT&T or Apple at the no-contract price, though it is significantly more than $199 - it will be $599 for the 16GB 3GS and $699 for the 32GB one. However, you won't be tied to a contract, though it will still be locked to AT&T and you'll need to sign up for some sort of plan with them to use it...

3. djshott thread starter macrumors newbie

It's an Apple giftcard.

4. Carl G35c macrumors 6502

have someone that trusts you open a line under their name if you want the service.

If you dont wanna shell out a lot of $$ then just sell the GiftCard

5. StoneColdSober macrumors 6502

If it's an Apple Gift Card I don't think you are restricted to using it for an iPhone. You should be able to get anything from the Apple store (eg. iPod Touch, iPod Classic etc). I could be wrong and you may not want anything from the Apple store but if you do, might as well call Apple and see if has any restrictions on what you can purchase with it.

6. AppleiZac macrumors member

lol who wouldnt want anything from the apple store...thats crazy! :apple:

7. UnbornApple macrumors regular

UnbornApple

Yah if its an apple store gift card you can use it on anything online of in the store itself.

You could also try to call Apple and see if they could do anything or possible work with AT&T on the deposit.